PLL Terminology Question

If you're calling it a low pass filter and not an integrator, then you're saying that it has finite DC gain. Therefore your loop is type 0.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Software

the same DBS

mixer in an

very clean

the peak looked

wobbled and

ugly. Or has the

I find that I misspoke. I looked up the schematic, and I actually used the S74 as a harmonic mixer, clocked at 10 MHz and sampling the

70+-0.454545... MHz crystal oscillators. I then locked those to the output of a divide-by-22 counter running off the same 10 MHz.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

With 10s time constant (15mHz corner frequency) and more gain so that GWB is circa 3Kz, that makes for more than 100dB DC loop gain. I'd sure call it an integrator, which I guess is George's point.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

no

,

type

hit

r?

for

nd

ot

've

u've

ain).

ext -

t -

Cool thanks, I don't know the Q, but I'd guess it's above 10.

A multi layer stack from a Japanesse company whose name is escaping me now... (~4 um at 100V with a SRF of ~400kHz.) Driving an Al (7075) flexure with a grating attached.

It'd be nice to get above 3kHz since there's still mucho vibrations up there. (This is a bit of a 'throw away' part of the diode laser, it's mostly a student insturment and they're happy to get it tuned to an Rb line and see the SAS.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

,

ond

Certainly whatever I 'call' it can't make a difference. (I may give it the wrong name.) Sure it's got finite gain at DC. But so does every integrator I've ever made.

There's after all some leakage in my cap, pcb, solder and flux 'cocktail'.

George H.

(DC is just a myth anway.)

e quoted text -

Reply to
George Herold

regular

"P

Then it becomes your job as author to clarify the use consistently and extensively.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Which is exactly what I did.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

not sure how receptive they are.

they should do, I've never seen one with a warning against pointing it at a mirror.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Most lasers don't like seeing their own reflection, though it normally won't hurt them, but it does interfere with the LASER action. Mostly a problem on an optical bench, though.

Now, pointing one at a phase conjugate mirror is a different question. Actually, any shiny object near a phase conjugate mirror can get interesting.

In the DSP sense, consider a device that, given a sequence of samples, returns the sequence in the opposite order. (And, I believe, for complex samples the complex conjugate.)

-- glen

Reply to
glen herrmannsfeldt