PLL ICs with analog multiplier phase detectors ? Are they still around ?

I guess Renasas picked up the Harris/Intersil business. Haven't searched for years, but this old part popped up:

Simon S Aysdie

I’ve long wanted to find a good use for the HFA-series parts, but so far they’ve never been the right medicine. The usual issue is their high Ree’ and Rbb’, respectively around 10 and 100 ohms iirc.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

They have transistor arrays with 5.5 GHz PNPs, a nwarly died-out species.

<

I even got them in space-proof flat packs some years ago.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Too true. I just wish they were as good as an NE97733 or even a BFT92.

The NTE2403 maintains a shadowy existence.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Reply to
shiv Singh

The laws of physics have gone digital?

Reply to
RichD

You just had to do that, didn’t you? Set us up for another of our interminable threads on how charge conservation shows that even classical electrodynamics is discrete, and so all analog circuits are really digital.

To the usual suspects: Don’t. Just don’t.

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I'd argue the opposite -

I believe the actual admonition was to round them up -

Reply to
RichD