PLCC to PLCC thru-hole dip socket

I have a bunch of 84pin altera parts. I am going to be doing the layout for a board this weekend and I would like to know the layout of the PLCC thru-hole dip socket.

Its arranged as follows:

13 pins 11 pins

13 11 11 13 p p p p i i i i n n n n s s s s

11 pins 13 pins

Wheresas the PLCC socket is just 21 pins

21 21 p p i i n n s s

21 pins

I started to buzz out the connections but I wondered if there was a layout/label somewhere I can point to, to see the plcc pin # to plcc -thru-hole-dip-socket pin #

Thanks

Reply to
Aldorus

Look at the data sheet for the socket for the pin number layout. If it's not there, look at another mfr's data sheet. Or just use the footprint in your EDA package library.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Buzz it out and check it twice. You will have a bad day if you get it wrong.

How do I know this, do I hear you ask???... :(

--

John Devereux
Reply to

no datasheet - parts were bought on ebay. I cant seem to find any good datasheets online ... but i am going to go check mouser or jameco

EDA is gEDA. No extended library just the socket footprint

Reply to
Aldorus

First one I looked at..

So, a pin number is associated with each pad, no?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

thanks my googling skills must be atrophied ;(

Reply to
Aldorus