USB question

Suppose I have 3 microphones 8 feet apart at the vertices of an equilateral triangle. The microphones pick up the shock wave from a bullet. I wire them in parallel to the input of an ADC. The ADC outputs go into a Multiplexer and from there into the USB port of a computer.

I estimate the minimum peak-to-peak of the signals from the microphones to be 10kHz conservatively.

If I use Microsoft Visual C++, where do I find the commands to write the code to process the input from the USB port? It's a serial stream. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Reply to
Jon

printf("I'd better find another way to make a living \\n");

That should about cover it.

Bob Stephens

Reply to
comp.arch.embedded

Look at the documentation that came with the ADC/digital I/O board you're using. Unless those ADCs present themselves as a sound card, there's no standardized inteface provided within Windows to talk to data converter card, so you absolutely need documentation from the hardware vendor to proceed.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

How many times and in how many different ways are you going to ask the same thing?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

You probably should not be using an ADC with a multiplexer for this type of high speed application unless you would to take the timing delay into account in any subsequent calculations. Then make sure you record the channel sampling order and get the spec from the ADC for the channel switching delay.

You didn't say which version of MVC++ you are using, but check out the codeproject.com page below for example code.

Or the MSDN for a serial IO class

Since your application is transient, you won't have a huge amount of data even if you are sampling quickly, so you can probably just use a large buffer size and won't have to worry so much about processing the data stream quickly.

Reply to
Freelance Embedded Systems Eng

No, I should have your job since you are obviously too incompetent to answer my question. Maybe I will.

I suggest you write a program to return coordinates of a mouse.

Reply to
Jon

Thank you for your links. This gives me a place to start.

Reply to
Jon

To make life easier.

There are some chips that got from USB to bitbang. Done.

Reply to
mook johnson

Alas, embedded is correct. The mouse itself does not have coordinates, only deltas. The on screen cursor has coordinates. That you do not understand the difference speaks volumes. .

Reply to
JosephKK

He doesn't appear to understand much of anything... There are so many errors and misconceptions in his OP that it doesn't even bear talking about. Probably a troll.

Reply to
comp.arch.embedded