Plastic enclosure heat tool

I remember seeing back a few years a tool that could fabricate holes in plastic enclosures using heat.

Frankly, I don't how it can be done and I don't see these anymore but the tool was widely advertised.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and maybe the name of the device?

Thanks.

Reply to
mkr5000

I've used a soldering iron (sometimes accidently :( )

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Unless you need huge holes, use a step bit in a drill. It also makes clean holes in sheet metal. For larger holes a circular saw bit in a drill press should work, but you will probably have to file it clean. The saw will probably have a quite limited life.

Tam

Reply to
Tam