Ping Rickman

Hi Rickman, I sent you two emails, they both bounced back to me as,

550-"JunkMail rejected. One was a reply to your email the other was start with nothing and put in your address. Don't you want to play with me anymore? :-)

Mikek

amdx

Maybe you broke his crystal radio 8-)

550 rejections are usually issued by the ISP or mail server on the other side, not the recipient. Most of them do a very poor job regarding spam weeding. Sometimes I have the impression they don't always get the brightest bulbs in the chandelier as IT folks. If you make good suggestions they do not listen.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I don't know what to tell you. I don't have any junkmail rejection software turned on and I get *plenty* of it. I run my email through Google to filter spam and I don't see anything from you there. Try sending it again. Also, forward me the rejection notice with all headers. I will try to figure out who is rejecting the email.

--

Rick C
Reply to

I tried sending 3 more emails, they all bounced back to me. Send me another email, I'll try to reply to it.

Mikek

amdx

Just chek if your ISPs mail server is on the RBL (realtime blackhole list). It has bitten me some times.

You can create a gmail account and try sending that way.

--

-TV
Reply to

Got another 505 rejection this morning. I sent the headers to your yahoo email address.

Mikek

amdx

This was educational. I didn't realize I had turned on Spam Assassin when I switched hosting providers a couple of months ago. So it was rejecting your email because your IP address is flagged for sending spam. This is not uncommon when hosting providers do a poor job of policing their users. My previous hosting provider had this problem from time to time.

I added your email to the whitelist, so I think it won't reject them anymore, at least not because your IP address is on the spam list.

The links in the email you received gives info on how to be removed from the spam list. My experience is that you can get removed just by asking, but if the original problem with the server hasn't been corrected your IP address will be put right back on the spam list. You need to address this with your hosting provider.

Good thing I checked this. I saw that someone else was being blocked who I really want to know is sending me email and I need to get in touch with him. :)

--

Rick C
Reply to