TDS544A adjustment software

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the adjustment software for a Tektronix TDS544A oscilloscope? It's a small DOS program that's required to make all electrical adjustments.

According to the service manual, the same software is also used for the TDS520A, 524A, and 540A. It's not on their web site, and I doubt they will want to help since its over 15 years old. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Well, Tektronix was no help. What happened to that company? They used to have good customer service, but now all they care about is selling new test equipment. Poor legacy support has got to be hurting their sales.

I don't expect parts to be available forever, but considering what these things cost new, they should at least make the old software available for download.

If I can download a driver for a 15 year laptop from IBM, then why not an expensive oscilloscope from Tektronix? Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

They got bought up by a company named Danaher, and have apparently become a sweatshop. Danaher also owns Fluke.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

I finally managed to find a copy, so if anyone else needs it, send me an email. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Hello Andy, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like a copy. Where did you manage to find it? Is it possible to make a ISO image, or zip it up and email?

66gtojayw AT comcast.net

Thanks!

Reply to
JW

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:50:26 -0500, Andy Cuffe put finger to keyboard and composed:

Why not upload it here? ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/tek/

BTW there is no copyright restriction AFAICT:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar
[...]

Thanks for the software Andy, I posted it to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic as well as the Yahoo Tektronix group and

for anyone who might be interested.

Reply to
JW

Andy--

I would like a copy of the adjustment software if possible.

Thanks,

--Paul

Reply to
wa0rse

Hi Paul, Andy sent me a copy a few weeks ago. I sent a copy to you, but it bounced. I removed the "0" in your email address, and it still bounced. You should give a valid email when making requests.

Funny that I posted it to

yet it doesn't seem to be there now...

Reply to
JW

It was there a few weeks ago under new software not sorted.

Reply to
doug

Ah. There it is. Thanks.

JW

If anyone gets it working, be sure to share any tips. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I will post back as soon as I do. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

I still haven't gotten around to putting together a system with an ISA bus slot, or even found the specific NI PC2A/PCIIA ISA card at a reasonable price. (Reasonable being $50 or so.) When I get the card, I suppose that'll give me some motivation. :)

Reply to
JW