PING: Joerg or other medical types

My daughter is going back to school, and I want to put her back on my insurance. I got the paperwork in Nov. 2015 it was filled in and returned to the agent on Nov, 30 2015. We had more than 12 contacts with the agent trying to get this moving. My daughters work insurance ran out Dec. 31, 2015. On Jan. 7 2016, I was ask to fill out six more forms, all of which we had filled out before. Today 8 weeks exactly from the first day the agent got paperwork, I got two more forms to fill out, one because it did not have her weight and height, and one because my daughter signed where it said, Signature of Proposed Insured. She is the proposed insured, but they insist, I'm supposed to sign there. So, I'm giving my agent two pieces of paperwork that were already filled out once, more time.

8 weeks and still no insurance, She's been without insurance for 25 days. It's things like this that drive people postal!!

Mikek

PS. I didn't even mention all the calls I made directly to the insurance company trying to get her covered.

Reply to
amdx

Hey Jim, I don't know Part B, D or supplement. But I'm curious about the ratio of your premium cost vs prescription cost of what ever Part that is. I've been happy with a high deductible because when I changed from a $2,500 deductible to $10,000 deductible my premium dropped from $9,900 to $4,500. Since Obamacare my policy has increased considerably even though I'm still using a grandfathered policy. My big concern is being covered for a catastrophic costs, not office visits.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

It's complex...

With my coverage I essentially have NO co-pays or deductibles _except_ prescriptions.

For example, my hip-joint replacement 8 years ago was listed at "retail" as ~$61K... I paid nothing, except for the co-pay for a walker (considered a prescription). (BTW, medications _in-hospital_ are covered 100%.)

On prescriptions, my wife's major medication (Opana ER 20mg) monthly co-pay was ~$8 until the "donut hole" (and I don't pretend to know quite how the "donut hole" is calculated).

Into the donut hole that co-pay jumped to $248 :-( ...Jim Thompson

What's the full retail price? I've had cases where it was cheaper to get a prescription at the (discounted) "retail" price from Wallmart or Kroger than my insurance copay.

The donut hole never made sense but it's government so it's not supposed to make any sense. Peons aren't supposed to understand.

Reply to
krw