PID CONTROL FOR BOOST CONVERTER

Hi everybody

I am currently working on my final year project which consists of

designing a boost converter using Mat 385 microprocessor kit. I would >like to have your views of how this can be done using PID control. >The design of the power circuit is OK but I am having problems with >the control circuit and I am not being able to generate the control >signals effectively using PWM technique + PID control. > >> hoping to hear from you soon !! >> >> Thanking you in anticipation.. >> >> manish
Reply to
manish

Like many control problems, this is one that should be simple, and can be simple, but will have subtle little effects hiding in the corners to make your life difficult, at least temporarily.

I don't know how much control systems background you have, so forgive me if I go into too much detail.

I assume that when you say 'boost' converter you mean 'flyback' converter with an output stage like this one (view in fixed-width font):

Reply to
Tim Wescott