P16PRO Programmer Problem

I have a P16PRO PIC programmer. I am running v 0.16 (Jan 05) of the programming software. I am having difficulty programming a 16F648A.

I get an immediate error message. The first location, 0000, should be programmed with 3000, instead it programs with 0000. I can do a blank check, I can read the device's data, and I can erase it. But I cannot program it as the first byte programs incorrectly and the program stops as intended.

When I read it: 0000 0FFF OFFF OFFF OFFF ... After I erase it: 0FFF 0FFF 0FFF 0FFF 0FFF ...

So something is working here.

I can program 16F84As and 12C508As and 12C509As with no problem.

Has anyone had experienced this?

I am using the original programmer with 3 LEDs. I can't find the schematic so I don't have the part number.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Al

Yeah. The software is broken. It's been like that for 3+ years now.

Cheers, GH.

Reply to
ghelbig