photodiode

This is a Hamamatsu deep-UV (190 nm) photodiode.

They neatly avoid UV absorption in the window by not having a window.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

I couldn't get Hamamatsu to yield anything about the S8551, only the s8552 and s8553. Is it obsolete?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Hamamatsu is weird. They sometimes seem reluctant to sell things. They keep showing up at Photonics West with their cute little MEMS PMTs, and then refuse to provide data sheets or pricing.

I think this is public; I found it online.

The data sheet is sparse, so I'm measuring one. I need a fast UV light source. It does seem to be sensitive to visible light, but I don't know if the speed would be the same as UV.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

Yes, I have the datasheet, covering three devices. But the nice little s8551 is missing from searches of their website, can you still get them?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

It seems to be special order. If you sign a lot of papers, they might give you pricing.