Phase Noise to Jitter

Please suggest me how to evaluate jitter from phase noise data (dbc/hz).

Reply to
atul.ee

If the jitter is random (with gaussian distribution) then it's relatively easy. Otherwise...good luck.

Search the web and you'll find the solution to the simple case (gaussian) of going from frequency-domain to rms (one sigma) time-domain jitter.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

It is the integral over the close sideband. I have a calculator on my site :

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar