PCI development kit

Does anyone know where to find a reasonably priced PCI development kit/ board? All I need to do with it is capture and log port accesses ie. read/write address data . Please don't say "build your own". :)

Thanks,

Jonathan Busby

Reply to
Jonathan Busby

Folks who build PCI interface ICs will often have them. See, e.g.,

... I took a quick look, and it seems like they might have decided that traditional PCI is dead now that PCI Express is so ubiquitous, but they used to have development boards available for most of their chips. (I used a '9045 of theirs some years ago... very nice chip!)

Mmm... you probably don't have a good logic analyzer around, do you? If that's all you need to do, a logic analyzer and, e.g., a PCI extender board is probably the easiest way to do it.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

e.g.,

I took a quick look, and it seems like they might

Unfortunately no. :( But after thinking it over I concluded that designing a PCI card from scratch using a PCI prototyping board actually offers the best trade off between being a pain-in-the-butt and price. It's actually not that hard, unless you use all discrete components. ;) :P

Thanks,

Jonathan Busby

Reply to
Jonathan Busby