PCB-NOWAY

There are standards for that sort of thing and I think that board meets the standards. But it looks like the solder mask was over top of the silkscreen, no?

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

What, you were expecting someone who can read English on gerbers?

I've ordered customs from ALLPCB for under $200, meets spec. That resonant DC-DC I posted recently was a custom stackup, 4 layers, 2oz all, 15 mil prepreg, and it looks like they followed it at least roughly. Would imagine pcb4u runs similar custom pricing. Easily beats the $500-1000 that Advanced would charge.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Design Website:

Tim Williams

$1000 for board? How big is that thing? Do you play football on it?

Reply to
krw

Have you tried their Aluminum PCBs, $8? I had difficulty figuring out the stackup scene (the video is in Chinese). They also mention 4 to 10oz copper clad for high currents.

What do they mean when they say, "ALLPCB is a foreign platform of Jiepei."?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

They ROUTINELY ignore my soldermask layer and do whatever the hell they want with it. Frustrating, considering even after an email exchange promising me they would get it right the next time...nope. You get what you pay for I guess.

NEVER get white soldermask through them, it is terrible every time. Bad registration, and it is easily damaged during board assembly. An associate of mine also had this same problem with them.

Other than that, they make pretty decent boards. For the price, really nice.

I still use them for quick and cheap protos, but for quality boards it is still worth the price of going domestic. Advanced Circuits has always treated me right.

Reply to
DemonicTubes

Hi, John:

I think PCBWay use a completely different factory for 6+ layer boards as opposed to 4-layer. 4-layer is the new 2-layer.

--Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
speff

but looking at their website the stackup is the same with 0.11mm prepeg resulting in 7-8mil for a 50R trace

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Right, that will be super lossy.

There must be a reason for such bizarre stackups. It's a hazard to users, like when an innocent looking trace adds 10 pF to an opamp summing point.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

as opposed to 4-layer. 4-layer is the new 2-layer.

resulting in 7-8mil for a 50R trace

Yes, the reason is that while you still design analog boards with basic fun ctions the vast majority of the world is designing digitally with millions of transistors on each chip. The interfaces between such chips are very de nse and require fine pitch packages that can only be constructed with thin dielectric layers to give appropriate impedances using the very thin traces .

If you want to design analog, just learn how to *design* with available tec hnology rather than continuing to think the way to go is with dead bug wiri ng or Dremel on copper clad. Nice for prototyping, but not really optimal for production.

It's not rocket science. Just learn the equations of trace impedance and a ll will be revealed.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

torsdag den 5. december 2019 kl. 16.19.39 UTC+1 skrev snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com:

6mil trace on 12mil dielectric ~= 60pf/m 6mil trace on 4mil dielectric ~= 110pf/m
Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

And most people will default to a wider trace.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

sure, the point was that tripling the dielectric doesn't even half the capacitance