PCBWay

From an e-mail of theirs:

STARLING NEWS FROM PCBWAY.COM.

From December 7th to December 25th, every user ID can get all of the coupon

they are valid for 30 days.

You may log in web to check details.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Am 08.12.18 um 07:43 schrieb Robert Baer:

I got this week my first test board from PCBway.

Production was on the same day they got the Gerbers; transfer to Germany took 3 days, then the parcel rested at the customs office for a good week. Probably the price of $5 for 10 boards and a $5 coupon looked suspicious. :-(

All in all that was $25 for DHL and $2 for Paypal.

<

This is a mod of my low noise ada4898-based preamp, abt. 220pV/rt Hz. It now has cold gain/BW switching via ADG1104 and 2 prehistoric 2630 opto couplers - still original HP - that somehow managed to survive in a drawer. A Coolrunner II provides SPI protocol and switch decoding.

PCBway seem to have modified my Gerber data somewhat with a yield enhancement script. Thicker traces and smaller gaps. That is OK per se but should be announced. My design rules already were harmless.

Someone has hand-corrected the top layer mask at one place; that is unaesthetic at least, albeit fully functional. Maybe the script needs more testing ;-) Etching and solder mask are beyond any doubt; they should not need such experiments.

There are marks of electrical testing, that was not promised nor expected at the price.

Cheers, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

PCBWAY charge $5 for 10 pcb's. JLCPCB charge $2 !

I use PCBCAD51 and JLCPCB for my pcb's and get a good pcb's every time.

Reply to
Roger_the_Dodger

Am 20.12.18 um 01:01 schrieb Roger_the_Dodger:

I don't care if its $2 or 5. The price is unfair low anyway.

I'm just waiting for my 2nd PCBWAY board. Production took less than a day after Gerber upload; DHL took 3 days to bring it to Leipzig, Germany, and now it sits a few days there at the customs office because some @*'+-!!! thinks the $5 price is fake. :-( They want proof that I didn't pay more. I mailed them my VISA card bill, let's see if that helps.

That's the reason why China plows us under, not that what the CrackPotUS thinks. The Chinese simply do their work, they do it correctly and fast.

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

That didn't happen to me in Boston (but was pre Trump).

--
 Thanks,
    - Win