Parts via Alibaba

Shouldn't be, unless the parts were subsituted in the distribution chain (rare but it has has happened with CPU chips).

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Den onsdag den 2. december 2015 kl. 23.06.53 UTC+1 skrev Spehro Pefhany:

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I've ordered hard-to-get Japanese parts from Alibaba vendors and have had excellent results. Anywhere from 100 to 1000 parts. I paid in some cases with a bank draft, taking a chance, after exchanged emails, but eventually they arrived and were my desired unobtainium parts.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Looks like some wannabe "artist" went crazy with brick tinker toys..

Reply to
Robert Baer

What a hideous building--even worse than the MIT Stata Center.

Can't have grad students thinking they're first class citizens. Where would we be then?

I've walked by both of them (Beautiful Layout Hunchback studied at Trin).

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The franchised distributors have been warned about this through some real horror stories, and I can't believe they are not VERY cautious about it. I know Newark TRASHES every item returned by customers. They throw it all on a pallet and aution it off, they do NOT return it to stock. One of our local surplus shops gets these pallets and sells off the stuff for peanuts. Some of it is really defective stuff, but a lot of it was stuff that has never been taken out of the box. A fair amount is labeled "bad" but actually seems to work fine.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Years ago we got some stuff from a major distributor (perhaps Avnet, but memory isn't clear) and it was returns (for good reason) from a big user like Celestica. Throwing it out (or liquidating as scrap), and preferably making the manufacturer pick up the tab where there was a complaint, seems like the right way to go.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I have a quote from 4 star electronics, the 48th distributor on the Global Purchasing list of the top 50. They have some parts they will sell for $12 less than Arrow is selling. But my assembly house won't guarantee the boards with those parts. I think I'm going to pay the extra $12 and use the Arrow parts. If there is a problem, it will be a

*big* problem with the customer potentially.

I looked up the company and found some reviews on glassdoor.com. They seem to not be very employee oriented. I don't have any reason to believe they will be any better about making their customers happy.

--

Rick
Reply to

LOL, just got a shipment of micros from 'HK IC chip'- 100% of the ones I tested were bad or already (OTP) programmed. Supplier deliberately shipped useless garbage.

We'll see how fast (if at all) Alibaba is at getting my money back.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

P.S. I think I know the guys behind supplierblacklist, but I think they're keeping a very low profile for obvious reasons.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 22:28:58 -0500, Spehro Pefhany Gave us:

Did a search for dual hole balun ferrites and got blow up sex dolls.

Hey, they have two holes and balloon like t*ts too, and the search engines over there are like motherboard manuals used to be. They have no Chinese to English corporate liaison proofreading their database engine's search criterion setups.

Two holes and a 'balloon' sounds like a sex doll to me... right.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I was looking for C string functions and did a search for c string with Bing. First 2 entries for for c string bikinis - definitely not library functions. Some kind of side string less bikini bottom - never knew such products existed and somewhat NSFW.

Reply to
Dennis