parts sources

I'm trying to source some parts for a LED driver,and only need a small number of parts.

What US suppliers have no minimum order?

I registered at Farnell,but they're a UK company and all their prices are in pounds. Any US companies similar to them?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

www.

digikey mouser allied-elec newark

.com

and more.

Tim

Tim Williams

What parts?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

I bought a handful of LED's and photodiodes from Newark, but I don't know their general policies.

They do seem hungry, giving me a personal call after the order, and sending me discount coupons.

...Jim Thompson

"Tim Williams" wrote in news:Dillm.206$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe10.iad:

Thanks!

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

re

Yeah, I think Newark is now owned by Farnell... (but maybe the other way around) I've seen some rarer parts on newark's web site sourced from the UK under the Farnell name.

I like Digikey for their website, but find we're getting more and more parts from Mouser. Nice selection.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Nuhorizons seems to cater to low qty users. Plus they are running the LTspice seminars.

Martin Riddle

IME Newark's a great outfit. Besides, being close by, I get my order in a day or so, vs. the best part of a week from Thief River MN.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Mouser. Digikey might be considered such if you are willing to pay the extra fee.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Totally out of touch pathetic usenet riffraff. You don't know very much for someone so opinionated. Isn't that typical...worthless pos riffraff!

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Robert Baer wrote in news:Yb6dnYONRrUKvgvXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.localnet:

I wonder why Mouser doesn't carry National Semiconductor? I want to use the LM3410XMY for my LED driver,but they don't carry any National products.

But they have the coil I need. Arrrgh....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I don't have minimums from Allied with PO's. Farnell owns Newark.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Really? I can get Digikey orders the next day and it's a couple thousand miles from here. It's pretty much my default shop because none of the others' search engines comes anywhere close.

BTW, has anyone else also noticed a slowdown on the Digikey part search since they "improved" to the new red banner on top?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Okay, but I'm talking about UPS Ground in 1 day. It offends me to pay $25 in shipping for $8 worth of parts.

Cheers

Phil

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

For a paticular part I use FindChips.com

I get FREE shipping with Allied. I USED to get free shipping with Newark.

When I order stuff from Mouser, it seems to come fast. Usually within 2 days,and it should take at least 3. I have no minimum with Mouser.

When I try ordering from Digi-Key, Oh its not stocked !!

If I need a Farnell or MCM part, I would normally use my Newark rep. Due to high prices and loss of free shipping, I usually go to Allied. I have not used Newark for a long time.

It was getting rough a long time when companies started minimums, but it slacked off quite a bit compared to many years ago. There are some difficult situations, like $500 minimum, but its rare.

I wish the America II rep would STOP calling me...

greg

Reply to
GregS

Default next day delivery for Digikey is only $8.00,Newark charges $12.00.Those are shipping rates to Canada. No minmums.

Newarks shipping is a bit more but most of there merchandise is cheaper,they also always email discount vouchers which make merchandice even cheaper.So I usually use them.If you dont need ROHS you can find some dirt cheap stuff at Newark.

Reply to
Hammy

Do you get special treatment there? Us normal folks usually do have to pay:

Quote "The shipping cost on any order will be determined at the time of shipment."

On large items I got that as well. Like for a scope where all I had to pay is a $15 customs and int'l ship fee which was very reasonable (it had to come from England).

I just keyed a few parts into Findchips that I used on a design yesterday. LT3757 and such. Digikey was the only place having stock. But in general I also saw a decline in the stock qties of higher echelon parts. Maybe it's the economy?

Also, Findchips doesn't seem to check the manufacturer's own online stores.

difficult situations,

Usually those places would begin to bleed clients in lean times, like right now.

That's one place I've never come across, so far.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I just get free UPS ground.

I don't think there is any discount. We got discounts from Newark, but it always seemed like many things were overpriced to begin with. We had a good relation with Newark and got special treatment.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Try USmail instead. Priority mail beats UPS ground to my house, and it's cheaper.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

What extra fee?

Reply to