OT: Zombies

We've all heard the world's ending this weekend. If something goes wrong and we have a zombie invasion instead...

(from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control)

dagmargoodboat

Mo and I noticed, in the paper this morning, that the world is about to end. We're trying to figure out the best way to spend everything we have before Saturday morning.

John

I'd be happy to lighten your load, John.

John

Reply to
John KD5YI

Well, that explains how Obama 'won' the election. Damn you, Zombies!

Michael A. Terrell

Are they just taking the p*ss or is it a spoof site or humour?

I suggest buying cars & TVs off the dummies that think the world will end. Then afterwards you can sell them back at a profit.

I used to feel a bit sorry for the doomsday cults. Someone in my class at school didn't take any exams because the world was due to end. It didn't seem to dent his faith at all when the world kept on going.

Jocelyn Bell-Burnell of pulsar discovery has done a lecture on this as it relates to the doomsday cult of 21/12/2012 (Mayan Calendar rollover).

Regard, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

They forgot to mention this series:

Fortunately zombies never seem to hit mainland Europe so we're safe...

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

You guys don't need them - you've got the vampires. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It's a little of both.

CDC & P discovered that people glaze over the moment they started talking about Individual Responsibility.

It's happening to you right now, (it's a powerful effect).

They figured a little dose of humor would keep us awake long enough for their valuable message to penetrate.

Apparently it works... :)

I think it was very clever and tasteful.

--Winstoon

Reply to
Winston

I hope to visit Prague somewhere in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep an eye open.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Bureaucrats, having a little fun for once. Cool. We need more of that.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

-dead

You're safe -- zombies can't swim worth a hoot. Besides, the fish eat them. Their flesh peels right off their bones...

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Jumped the gun. The world will actually end on Tuesday, January 19,

2038, at 03:14:07 GMT.

John

Is that when all the Unix clocks roll over? In that case the world won't end, it'll just wrap back to zero.

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Oh, crap! We've already started partying.

John

Reply to
John KD5YI

You're safe -- zombies can't swim worth a hoot. Besides, the fish eat them. Their flesh peels right off their bones...

-- Cheers, James Arthur

I can't believe they put something like that on a government website, It's listed right on the main CDC website close to the top.

I guess it's all pretty funny ;-)

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

January 1, 1970 to be exact. I sure hope everybody kept their bell-bottom jeans.

John

We've all heard the world's ending this weekend. If something goes wrong and we have a zombie invasion instead...

(from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control)

I just heard that this month is Zombie awareness month. Go figure????

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

Zombies eat brains. They'd starve.

Ducking and running ... ;-)

100 buckets of bits on the bus
100 buckets of bits
   You take one down,
   and short it to ground
FF buckets of bits on the bus
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

The gang is going out for an early dinner at a really nice restaurant. We figure we'll enjoy the meal and get taken before the check arrives.

definition: recursion; see recursion.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Then I do have to get the lawn mowed. I wish it would stop raining... flash flood warnings for tonight.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold