OT: Yet Another Unhappy Customer for Vista

Be my guest! I've got a million of them. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They sell preparations at the pet store to thwart such afflictions, dog boy. I hope you told your dentist that your brought your flea infested body into his offices.

Reply to
JackShephard

No, I did not, idiot.

Reply to
JackShephard

and you are a cowardly chicken hawk abusing the memory of those who died.

That is sick whatever your politics might be.

Was one day of respect too much to ask?

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

Nice try Munchausen.

You will say anything but your prayers huh?

/You/ crossposted discussions in s.e.d to AUK and then snipped the other groups.

And then you wonder why those who wish to discuss electronics hate you?

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

At least he is tacitly acknowleding his posts belong in alt.usenet.kooks by doing this. It's the only newsgroup where they are remotely on topic.

Reply to
Observer

Actually, they're much easier to set up than Windows-based servers, believe it or not. All the 'advertised' features can be managed from a web interface, & are pretty well-documented. You only need 'Nix knowledge if you're doing something fairly unusual with it.

It's also configured to be secure by default, so it's safe to plug it into a DSL modem & a switch before you've even booted the install CDROM, so you can use it straight away, rather than having to wait until you've downloaded a gazillion updates & security patches.

I've installed about a dozen SME servers at various small client sites (eg; 2-30 users) that don't have any tech-savvy staff & need a system simple enough for them to manage the day-to-day basics (add/delete users, create network shares, set access rights, etc) themselves, rather than being dependent on me or some other tech person.

--
  \___                 Proud Cog #1 in the AUK Hate Machine
 _(AUK)====::     Do *you* think that you have the Right Stuff?

You're such a sad, bitter old idiot, Prongy. Does it ever bother you that you have no friends?

--
  \\___                 Proud Cog #1 in the AUK Hate Machine
 _(AUK)====::     Do *you* think that you have the Right Stuff?
/=\'=\'=\'=\'-,       Apply TODAY by addressing a gratuitously cruel
(O+O+O+O+O)       flame to: "Uncle Fester", C/O soc.singles & AUK.
~^^^^^^^^^~~~^~^^~\'~~^\'^~~~"~~\'"~^~\'"~~^~"~\'~^\'^~^~^^~^~"~^~"\'~\'"~^~~
Reply to
Lionel

Err Brandon, posting about k*****ad wackos like Prong will only keep them active. Just kf the fool. If you starve them they will go...

alvey

Reply to
alvey

People try it but he keeps changing his name or even just one letter in his "name" so you can never filter him.

Then he denies all the foul things he has done and said under the old names ,and calls folk liars when they can't remember which of the dozens of names he used to makes his threats(for example).

I know you are right really, but abusing veterans and tormenting them on Memorial Day seemed like a last straw or something.

Whatever your politics that's plain disgusting.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

alvey wrote in news:1oaub0u82fn7w $. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net:

Indeed, he's not exactly worth the effort. We've had trolls in this group that were actually coherent, after all. Prong was just annoying. I say "was" because he went into my killfile ages ago and it's been a much nicer world ever since.

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
Reply to
Aaron J. Bossig

Ah, yes! Thanks. That looks like the ticket. Spec says it can do mirroring and two drives are certainly enough here. You just have to protect it very well against surges because they be on the same supply but that isn't too difficult to do.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Actually Michael has found what looks like "the" solution that probably won't require much more than buying two ATA hard drives of suitable size and plugging it all in:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Fine, let it change it's nick. It takes a lot more time to create a nick than it does to kf it. Knob-jockey will soon give it away if no-one responds.

alvey

Reply to
alvey

Derek Janssen wrote in news:_umdnZ_gf-sXc_zbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Shut up Retard.

Reply to
JackShephard

Well, y'see, that's the problem we've had over on a.v.dvd...He WANTS to post to the group:

Y'see, not every troll goes around playing I-wanna-be-like-Howard on every group, 24/7... If you've got the Adrenaline Troll (as often found in the k00k community), he also wants to occasionally take off his coat, post about his Area of Geek Expertise, and have us suddenly develop amnesia and treat him as a fellow interest-poster. The interest could be in X-box, or hackers, or some rock group, but fact is, you'll still get posts saying "Oo, whatcha guys talking about, can I help?" for presumably real.

And unfortunately...Prong lives only for us to mention some piece of theater/computer tech we like, so he can talk about all the "cool" old-school ancient-tech and laserdisk stuff he's old enough to have owned. If he waits patiently enough, somebody will mention it. (And we do mean "old"--His favorite "No top-posting" gag is now the laughingstock-fodder of geriatric AOL-oldie jokes, and then he complains about why all his favorite old '99-'00 regulars aren't on the group anymore.)

Of course, he doesn't really contribute much to the discussions even when he *does* try to play Content with the bigger new kids, but darn it, how do you keep him off the playground?

Derek Janssen (yeah, we're ignoring him fine, but a.u.k?....You're NOT HELPING.) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Derek Janssen

Splurge and buy it its own UPS.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

As a vet (one who very luckily has no lasting scars beyond the thoughts) I would ask that we simply ignore the asshole :)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

As unsympathetic as it sounds, one might wish for his breathing to be as his lies?

;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to