OT: Yet Another Unhappy Customer for Vista

Further more.

Everything I buy seems to have MS support. I wonder why.

Give me a break. My vendor, along with every other business is going to support what is commercially successful for them. Give me a good reason why the should not?

What do you do for a living? How do you make money?

Lame excuse. Blame the hardware.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Poor Numby, his mighty debating skilz have been reduced to "Shut up Retard."

"Causation of gravity is missing frame field always attempting
renormalization back to base memory of equalized uniform momentum."
  -- nightbat the saucerhead-in-chief

"Of doing Venus in person would obviously incorporate a composite
rigid airship, along with it\'s internal cache of frozen pizza and
ice cold beer."
  -- Brad Guth, bigoted racist

Art Deco

No problem but that's another piece of equipment to maintain. Batteries etc. It should be no big deal to provide a large enough electrolytic to safely park the HD heads. Then again, I have learned that one cannot always assume sufficient smartness in new product designs these days.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

You don't need a large UPS and it should last at least four years, unless you have a lot of power problems. I am using several used UPS at the moment. It was replaced under routine maintenence in a network of

1000 computers, and no one else wanted them, so I got about 25 small and mediaum sized APC units for hauling them off. They were three years old. I top off the batteries on the spares from time to time, and use them where ever they are needed.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That does standard ATA drives.

If you want the new version that does SATA and does the transfer rate faster, look up the SC101T. The turbo model.

Reply to
JackShephard

All modern drives' heads auto-park when power is removed from them.

Reply to
JackShephard

The arches are in SOUTHERN KY, idiot. Nowhere near Ohio.

NONE of them are 1000' tall, as was claimed, by the C-LAMER.

Reply to
JackShephard

The Real Andy wrote:

Actually,

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten." AKA: A pretty poor way to expand your market share.

Reply to
JeffM

WHICH IS NOT A THREAT, IDIOT!

I never said any such thing. Perhaps one of your lamey's clones did.

Reply to
JackShephard

That might be true, if that were me that wrote that, but it wasn't. Check the headers. It is clone boy "Lamey The Cable Tard".

Reply to
JackShephard

I have

Looks just like you posting from the anonymous aioe.org account you used to use as MassiveProng to flood the groups.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

Well, y'know, might've been faked, seeing as whoever did post got the giveaway "Retard/Idiot" dichotomy wrong:

I kept worrying, "Darn, that one only got 'Retard', which meant he liked it and thought I was playing along in stretching his thread...It was supposed to get an 'Idiot' tantrum because we were being 'mean' and weren't 'playing fair' in troll-outing his hopes at normal posts and encouraging group killfiles!--Was it too harmless?"

Derek Janssen (hey, can't just toss around the specific terminology haphazardly, y'know) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Derek Janssen

I guess so. Goodness only knows he makes implacable enemies everywhere he goes.

You kind of have to admire his sheer persistence in the face of universal contempt and condemnation.

Who but him would have thought to start abusing folk in a lottery discussion group of all places?

I don't know. There is little mileage in looking for a rational pattern in his ravings.

Some say it's entirely dependent on how much he has had to drink before any particular manic posting spree.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

We don't see that anywhere in the thread except for YOUR post, so we'll assume that was an honest mistake and correct it.

(Otherwise, y'see, it might look like the traditional "Loopy cross-group" maneuver: Where every ritual x-troll thread has to insert one bafflingly non-sequitir "virgin" group out of nowhere in the hope of "corrupting" them--and rec.arts.marching-band is flat-out SICK of it by now--since the Usual Suspects are too used to it after all these years, and the traffic would die off too quickly with non-virgin respondents-- I mean, don't want to make either you or Prong look like we're

*deliberately* using lame 90's troll-shticks, now do we?) ;)

No, from the "Adrenaline-troll one minute, enthusiastic post wanting to be loved and respected for his old-school geekery the next" mosquito-memory style, don't think there's any artificial stimulant directly involved: ADD victims don't *need* drink, they've already got their own perpetual buzz, 24/7--

Yes, we hear about the "national epidemic in our schools" on the news, but we never stop think about the LONGTERM damage it causes them, even on into "adulthood". :(

Derek Janssen (low-paying jobs, schools, failed relationships..."Forgot to take his medication" just takes on a whole new meaning) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Derek Janssen

Thanks, I will.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

No Prongboi has "introduced" himself in alt.gambling.lottery and become the topic de jour.

I have added the group as a courtesy to his many new fans there who are curious as to his normal group wrecking stomping grounds

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

You may well be on to something here.

I'm not too sure of that.

Many critics of the Drug Companies and their hard sell have questioned the wisdom of long term drugging of schoolchildren as a "solution" rather than a problem.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

??? the return spring should be stiff enough to safely park the heads before the platter spins down

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen

Royal Flush Thou dishonest depender on a thing that leans. Thou unhygienic dainty dominie. Ye wallowed:

How rude.

-- alt.usenet.kooks "We are arrant knaves all, believe none of us." Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

Hammer of Thor: February 2007. Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker: September 2005, April 2006, January 2007. Official Member: Cabal Obsidian Order COOSN-124-07-06660 Usenet Ruiner Lits Top Assholes on the Net Lits Most hated usenetizens of all time Lits AUK psychos and felons Lits #2 Cog in the Usenet Hate Machine Lits

"Now I know what it is. Now I know what it means when an alt.usenet.kook x-post shows up." AOK in news:ermdlu$nli$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org

Matris futuor.

Reply to
Kadaitcha Man

"JackShephard" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Exclude some laptop drives from this. Some of these are designed to allow the heads to 'land' anywhere. However most modern full size drives, basically use 'voice coil' style actuators, with the head going back to a default position when power is not present. Not electronically 'parked', but simply automatically done, when power is not present to move the heads. Much simpler, and safer... :-)

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett