OT: Yet Another Unhappy Customer for Vista

I think Menken summed it up nicely

puritanism: Haunted by the fact that someone somewhere is happy

Reply to
martin

The trick seems to be *choose well-supported hardware*.

If your vendors are among those who do everything possible to thwart open source, well... If your vendors can't be bothered to write drivers that aren't crappy, again: well...

Reply to
JeffM

He probably can't.

Deep down inside himself he knows what he is.

If he didn't have the newsgroup to abuse I suspect he could easily die by his own hand.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

He won't do that.

His lying is truly pathological and automatic. IOW he lies as unthinkingly as he breathes.

Reply to
Observer

You don't have to be much of an "expert" to get a server going, at least for me with Slackware it was a breeze. Everything you need gets installed by default, and you can opt out of stuff like emacs and other stuff you'll never need on a server. All you have to do is put the pertinent information into the config files, and you get that from the HOWTOs and the comments in the config file itself.

But, if you want something off-the-shelf, plug-and-play, you'll probably have to keep shopping. :-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Fuck you. Prove that I don't.

Reply to
JackShephard

Yeah, I'd like the easier off-the-shelf route. There is so much on the list already. Tomorrow it will be "lumber surgery", replacing a rotted part in a deck. Then I have to make some custom brackets. Oh, and a wall outlet just croaked. Oh what fun...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

are

For Linux distros, yes. For OpenSolaris, who knows?

Reply to
JackShephard

Dude, you are so immature that your jokes are beyond sad.

Give it up. You aren't funny at all. Well, the fact that you think you are funny is pretty funny.

Reply to
JackShephard

Fuck you. That IS all I stated, so f*ck off.

Fuck you, retard. Bring it on, I'll knock what little dick you've got in the dirt, boy.

Nice threat. Perhaps I should let someone know what you are doing in Usenet.

What I did was legal. What you just did is not.

Reply to
JackShephard

Neither is he, so it can't be that hard to use.

Reply to
JackShephard

are

LOL!

Certainly not you.

For all your posturing as an expert on it ,you only downloaded it a couple of days ago, and yet here you are lecturing folk who are thoroughly at home with it.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

Take a look at:

$99.99, less hard drives. Will take one or two IDE drives, and will almost sit in your hand.

The OEM Info:

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I read it as a word to the wise with you making all the threats.

If you persist in abusing veterans and mocking deaths in Iraq, it's only a question of time before some grieving relative or buddy snaps.

Netkkkoping again huh

Earth to Prongboi..your death threats are far from legal.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

I read it as a word to the wise with you making all the threats.

If you persist in abusing veterans and mocking deaths in Iraq, it's only a question of time before some grieving relative or buddy snaps.

Netkkkoping again huh

Earth to Prongboi..your death threats are far from legal.

Reply to
Brandon D Cartwright

You're an idiot.

Reply to
JackShephard

One suspects ego induced

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

The real vets here are fully aware that 'Jack Shephard', a pseudonym for a coward, is most definitely not a hero of any description. I fought for a different country than Mr. Terrell (but we have historically been allies) yet I find more courage in him than a 1000 'Mr' Shephards.

Dear Mr. Shephard - if you are going to lie, at least work at it a little.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

On Jun 1, 8:17 am, "Michael A. Terrell" wrote: [....]

That's a really good one. Do mind if I use it?

I'm sure some of the vermin of the net won't get it because they think that flea collars are something you'd see at a flea circus or perhaps what happens when a cop arrests a flea.

Reply to
MooseFET

My god, you are both pathetic little children.

A circus flea wouldn't have anything to do with you.

A circus flea is also miles above either of you in both intelligence and maturity.

Reply to
JackShephard