OT: Why can't non-EU websites ignore EU cookie laws/GDPR?

Most of the Chinese electronics I buy has all sorts of safety markings etched on the side. Meaningless.

I've got one in Opera called "I don't care about cookies". I guess it's available for Firefox (quite why you'd want to use that piece of shit browser I don't know).

Reply to
Commander Kinsey
[snip]

I use the Firefox version.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Anyone know one which doesn't display the notice at all? "I don't care about cookies" lets it show then clicks it itself. Irritating. It also doesn't work on all of them, either they still display, or it does something which annoys the page so it's all greyed out and I can't use it.

Since the legislation only requires the notice be there and doesn't say how it's to be displayed, what on earth possessed anyone to make it put a big sign in front of the page? A little unobtrusive banner you can ignore is better.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey