OT: Warmingists are stupid.

It's not all that paradoxical. A low does of ethanol reduces anxiety levels, and that does improve performance on complicated motor tasks, like driving a car, or target shooting.

Too much ethanol is - of course - lethal for both occupations.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

One rum and coke improves my skiing significantly. Beer seems about neutral.

John

te:

since

No, I've been far and wide, but never next door to Canada.

--James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Huh? Can you name one? The only one I can verify through experience is loudness, which might or might not be a "skill."

Of course, you can't discount state-dependent learning, e.g., if you learn to ski while drunk, you'll have to re-learn skiing when sober.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yabbut, I said, "excessive." One frickin' drink doesn't even qualify as an eye-opener.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Falling down. Falling down without getting injured, even.

...unless...

Reply to
krw

since

When did Canada get a door? ;-)

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

I actually do shoot pool better with a slight beer buzz.

Settles my nerves.

Barefoot water ski: No.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

A few years ago, I used to hang out at the beer bar of a local bowling alley where they had electronic darts. There was a small group (maybe 5) of Irish guys in America to teach soccer, which they called soccer, probably out of sympathy for us iggorant merkins. ;-) They could drink you under the table while handing you your ass at darts. Everybody loved them. :-)

One day, one of these guys quipped, "If ye cain't shoot dahts when ye droonk, ye cain't shoot dahts!"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Didja see that ep of "Two and a half Men," where Charile stepped on Jake's skateboard, went tincup over teakettle, and got up and quipped, "Man, I probably wouldn't have survived that if I was sober!" (or some such.) ;-)

What's fun is when you're at about a .15 and you can say, "I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit, upon the slitted sheet I sit" and "I'm not a fig plucker, nor a fig plucker's son, but I'll pluck figs 'til the fig plucker comes!" and "ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA" ;-)

Toy boat, toy boat, toy boat, toy boat, toy boat. ;-D

Cop: "What's that I smell?" Suspect: " Must be the cough drops . I've got this terrible cough."

Cheers! Rich Howcome my spell checker is hiliting "quipped?" and "hiliting?" Isn't "quipped" the past tense of "to quip?"

Reply to
Rich Grise

OK, that's a plausible version of "it makes my hands stop shaking." ;-)

I've never tried this, but I have almost slalomed (one ski), but got tripped up by that big wave behind the boat. )-;

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

A beer or two improves my ability to work on SMD stuff. Nice steady hands!

Reply to
JW

Increasing water vapour pressure is one of those positive feedbacks which converts the ostensibly minor greenhouse warming from CO2 on its own into something worth worrying about.

And I've yet to see a scheme for reducing CO2 emissions that involved either taxing US citizens into slavery or giving any money to Al Gore.

You probably should raise the tax on fossil carbon-derived energy enought to roughly double the price of electricity and other energy; this should be enough to make sustainable energy source economically competitive. It would raise the cost of living by about 5%, but most of schemes that contemplate this sort of tax incentive propose that it be made fiscally neutral by reducing sales tax or income tax enough to put roughly the same amount of mney into the consumer's pocket. None of this amounts to taxing anybody into slavery.

Al Gore did stand to make some money if a carbon-credit scheme were introduced. This is an alternative to the tax mechanism, so you do seem to be more than a little confused.

No Rich, I don't see any contradiction in my message. I see a whopper in yours - in confusing Al Gore'a interest in carbon credits with the consequences of a carbon tax. You probably could use medical attention, but it is unlikely that they will be in a position to undo the damage years of self-indulgence has done to your central nervous system. They may be in a position to persuade you to stop making it worse.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Wrong. My hands are dead steady either way. It makes me spend an extra 0.5 seconds contemplating my cue stroke solution.

I cam shoot entire racks off without even touching the table.

I have my "terrestrial bridge" (bridge hand on table), and I also use my "extraterrestrial bridge" (hand in mid air for every shot but the break).

The intimidation factor alone causes all but the best players to falter.

Then, I actually shoot, and the shots blow their minds as well.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Between bathroom mopping sessions. You have to remove them from your pants though, retard.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot