OT;W98 popularity

Late at night, by candle light, "David L. Jones" penned this immortal opus:

full

version is

If you can 'nect it up to a USB or network drive it's a nice option.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

for

full

version is

Just get the HD DVD reader for the XBox 360, which is USB, and use that, and you can then watch HD DVDs. Standard DVDs show how low res they are, even on laptop screens.

I think the reader mentioned is only $199.00

To watch an HD DVD in full resolution, however, you will need to be running Vista, or a good Linux Distro, and have the aacs key in hand (in da box, actually).

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

for

full

version is

Get five free movies as well...

**.node3?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Reply to
Bungalow Bill

Do you mean "nectup tUSBdr aniopt?"

Reply to
Don Bowey

I agree totally.

The only solution I can see is to basically ignore the PC for timing-critical tasks and just treat the PC as some kind of flaky dumb terminal. Then put all of the data processing and real time IO in a well documented microcontroller or FPGA, hopefully one that won't be obsoleted next year. At least you can buy a 32 bit microcontroller that is as powerful as the old PCs that we used to use. One thing that annoys me is that none of the cheap microcontrollers has more than a few kB of SRAM on chip, in spite of the fact that a 1Mbyte SRAM chip is cheap these days. For some reason I guess the marketing people want you to place two separate chips and wire up all of the bus lines, which slows down the access time due to the signals having to go off chip.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Late at night, by candle light, Don Bowey penned this immortal opus:

No, I meant "nect t p o USB ive s ce tion". Make of it whatever you wish.

- YD.