OT: Use of the word TARD...

That still does not mean that I do not or cannot perform math, which is the pathetic claim Larkin was making.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

You used google to compute the period of a 30 GHz sine wave? And then accepted an obviously bogus result?

I don't think he was suggesting that you should forget how to do simple arithmetic.

John

Well, why would you use google to do something that any engineer should be able to do in his head in a few seconds?

1 GHz == 1 ns == 1000 ps

so 30 GHz == 1000/30 == 33.33 ps

Done.

Instead of calling everyone (except yourself) an idiot, all you should have said is "oops, slipped a decimal point" (which most people do now and then in casual conversation) and you'd have made the first step to being a member of this group, and not what you now are.

It's not a good idea to slip a decimal point when it really matters, like ordering the concrete to build a dam.

I seem to have a units checker working in the back of my brain. I almost always catch gross math errors in anything I see. The newspaper is a gold mine of stupid math and engineering unit mistakes. I encourage my engineers to do math in their heads, instead of pulling out their Blackberries, so that they develop this quick-sanity-check skill.

John

A well substantiated clam, DimBulb. Every post you make is more evidence for John's position(s), AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

Or landing on the moon .. oops!.

It's a throwback to when we all used slide rules and had to put the decimal point in ourselves.

The newspaper is a gold

Most places, pulling out your blackberries will get you arrested ;-)

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM, JOHN. YOU DO NOT GET TO DECLARE WHO HAS OR HAS NOT MADE SOME IMAGINED STEP.

FUCK YOU, BOY!

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Wrong. It was a Mars lander, you senile old fart.

And it was US over Metric, not a decimal position.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You get arrested for even attempting to bring one in the lab.

Reply to
BarnCat

It was a *hypothetical* suggestion.

Don't imply meaning where none was intended.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Well, there certainly was an actual event, Mr. Lack-of-intentions. It shows.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Oh boy. The RoyTard has invaded yet another group.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

The issue isn't wavelength, it's period.

John