OT: Ugly Chevy Volt

Well that's what I think, what the hell happened? They should have just taken the Malibu and thrown batteries in it.

Reply to
Martin Riddle

the Malibu and thrown batteries in it.

Well, an electric needs to be small, enclose heaps of batteries, and it has to be very aerodynamic. Those constraints make most of them look like pregnant raccoons.

John

the Malibu and thrown batteries in it.

No the right model is the cockroach. The Prius is about as streamlined as a car can be and as much like a cockroach as something without legs can be.

Reply to
MooseFET

taken the Malibu and thrown batteries in it.

Around here, they are rather like roaches. We call them "Piouses", emitting clouds of smug.

John

taken the Malibu and thrown batteries in it.

Bwahahahahahaha!

...Jim Thompson

        When the Russians try to take back Eastern Europe
          I will be amongst the first to join the call:
           "It\'s not our war, it\'s just a civil war."

John Larkin wrote: > On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:28:45 -0700 (PDT), MooseFET

I have one . No smug. Mediocre car - except at the gas station. Modestly roomy for it's size. Not comfortable, HORRIBLE ABS and traction 'control'. Toyotas idea of ABS is to release the brakes for a half second and flash a warning light on the dash to inform you "sorry, you're on your own". Their idea of traction control is to turn off (not down) the power for a half second and hope like hell you roll to a place the tires don't slip. Rattles and bends a lot. AM radio AGC time constant too long especially since the bass is more or less dead below 35 Hz. Visibility around the "A" pillar is bad and rear window is dopey too. Window lock button to turn off kids and windows ALSO turns off the driver's buttons as well. That's just DUMB. The 'Smart Key" is an elegant solution to a non-existent problem (a line from Dr Richard Greiner, UW Madison EE professor in the '70s)

G=B2

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

A South Park reference, of course!

Tim

Reply to
tmoranwms

st taken the Malibu and thrown batteries in it.

Ever watch South Park?

Richard Henry

These days a car has to be shaped like a turd, or it won't sell.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise