OT: Tired of Winning?

Pretty sure libertarianism doesn't imply a life free from the consequences of doing objectively _dumb_ stuff like walking into the street without looking.

There are laws in most states that vehicles have to stop for pedestrians in crosswalks and sometimes people tend to walk straight out into traffic when they're in a crosswalk, regardless of what the traffic is doing. They must believe legal words in a lawbook have some magic power to stop vehicles for them

Reply to
bitrex

I don't recall the details, but I seem to remember some state requires elec tric cars to make some amount of noise when driving at low speed. It would take much and it doesn't have to be a "shriek". I think they use white no ise like wind noise. Not at all a bad idea. But if they are going to do t hat, then I think they should equally outlaw the overly loud vehicles that shatter the quiet which also mask the sound of any other vehicle even from blocks away. Harley, you know who I'm talking about.

I talked to a state cop once about the noise law for cars. Maryland sent t heir sound squad to the Harley plant to measure the noise they made coming off the factory line. That level +3 dB was the limit they then set.

Frederick is an old colonial town with brick row house lined streets. One motorcycle or hotrod car blasts up and down that acoustic corridor ruining the evening for everyone.

Your rule of not impinging on you is BS. There are always conflicts and we as a whole decide where to draw the line. You have as much say as anyone else... *if* you exercise it. Complaining here is not exercising it.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

I was ready to agree with the first sentence, and point out that they also used to teach reasoning (which is clearly lacking in the previous quote). But after reading the rest of that paragraph I can't agree at all.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I might agree or disagree if I could figure out what it means. I guess I'm not sufficiently educated in reasoning.

"the quality of recent EE graduates is that you interview an EE degree is a guarantee of a whole lot less."

Can anyone parse that?

(I did take a formal logic course in Tulane's Philosophy school. It was entirely trivial.)

lunatic fringe electronics

When BC won with 42% of the popular vote, not a single Republican complained about how the law works.

That's because we believe laws should be followed.

Democrats have claimed fraud in *every* presidential election they lost since 1980.

Notable was the 2000 propaganda campaign that included several websites like

which claimed the election was stolen. The whois records of those sites showed they were registered a week before the election, which the media never bothered to look into. The name on the registrations of those sites was David Lytel, who had created
in 1996 in the employment of the BC administration. And he didn't do it on his own, out of love, because he also put his company name, Democrats Dot Com Inc, on the registrations. His company makes websites for Democrat's campaigns, period.

So they're just liars, but delusional liars who can't see it is so.

You left out corrupt. Never leave that out.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I didn't mean I can't agree with the statement. I meant I can't agree with the claim that they "teach you to read and write pretty well."

Are you making a subtle reference to the fact that arithmetic, geometry, astronomy, and music, comprise the quadrivium whereas logic, grammar, and rhetoric comprise the trivium?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Some people, when they lose a game, want to change the rules. As theD said, if the Presidential election was judged by popular vote, he would have changed his tactics and won anyhow. Maybe so.

Clinton? Corrupt? That goes without saying.

lunatic fringe electronics

"It" meaning law.

Yeah like in 1960 when the Republican union thugs discovered a warehouse full of voting ballots in Chicago, and in 2000 when that Florida Republican was caught with a hole-punch machine in his car, and, wait...they were Republicans weren't they?

But you believe it. As I said in a post a few minutes ago, "delusional." And it helps to be ignorant.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Yeah, it was fun to find that sentence in a paragraph about good writing.

Never crossed my mind.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

If and when the day comes the administration opens fire on unarmed student protesters, and I believe there's a pretty good chance of that, I don't personally intend to be on that side of history.

Do as ya like, Tom. You take your chances in this life I guess.

Reply to
bitrex

My Audi V6 is smooth and quiet and has awesome torque and acceleration. Mo's Honda Fit sounds like a 120V sewing machine running on 240. But it is a great reliable little city car.

What about on the way up into the mountains in the snow? You'd have to recharge a bunch of times, carefully plan the trip, spend a lot of time charging. If you got the 2wd drive version, you might be turned back at the chain control checkpoint. I have snow tires, so I just smile and keep going.

Does running the heater or a/c compromise the range?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

So in the thread context this suggests that therefore you think it's ok for union thugs to "find" votes, as long as they are the right (left) votes.

If it's a reference to Kent State, no administration fired on them, but the protesters and guardsmen were both reacting irrationally to a situation initiated by the protesters idol. The rational thing is not to vote for such incompetent people. But you might think it was Nixon's fault, as Senator Moynihan said, "people seemed to think he started [the war]."

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Nixon wasn't to blame in that case. Trump isn't Nixon, Trump would order it personally and say to take out as many as possible.

Reply to
bitrex

Or, rather, given what we know of the psychology of #1 fan "krw", he'd do it when Melania Trump gives the order.

Reply to
bitrex

Well I wanted Cruz. Still do. But your hyperbole is just that.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Melania Trump is probably a much more skilled "game player" than The Donald is, her history working in the modeling industry gave her experience manipulating the media for effect in a way that Trump probably doesn't have, like e.g. the recent jacket stunt.

Her "Oh my God..." and tears over detained children were okay, a trained Hollywood actress could probably do better but it wasn't too bad, college-level drama class at worst.

As time goes on I think fewer "Trump" ideas will come from him alone.

Reply to
bitrex

If it's any consolation the tales of a beknighted "Camelot" run by an all-benevolent JFK with his submissive perfect 50s wife Jackie by his side are eclipsed in magnificence only by how fraudulent they are.

Reply to
bitrex

Yeah, because that didn't happen. it 43% of the poular vote and that was more any other candidate got.

Lies TRUMP truth right?

--
     ?
Reply to

You're the one who is always wrong, AlwaysWrong.

Wrong, as always, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

A major purchase (my last gun was $1500) does generally involve one's partner but at least I don't have to beg mommy for an advance on my allowance to buy a sucker, like you snowflakes.

Reply to
krw