Winning IEEE video

The IEEE recently had a contest to design a video meant to "show that engineering is exciting and beneficial" to a target demographic of 11-13 year olds. A couple of students from Louisiana Tech won, with this video:

.

I think it's OK, although I'm probably not a good judge as it was already rather self-evident that engineering is "exciting and beneficial" by the time I was 11 -- like many people on here, I was already fascinated by electronics at a very young age and definitely didn't need any prompting to get into it formally as time passed.

Although I am curious as to how Jim's career in achitecture would have turned out if he'd stayed with that rather than electronics...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I was a speaker there _many_ years ago.

I'd probably be a well-known architect. In my student days I had already carried off several design contest wins.

I still dabble... modifying the design of both of the new houses we bought.

...Jim Thompson