Sony MCZ3001

I have a D board out of a 36"sony that has defective chips. One of these was evidently replaced by someone else at some point. There are two chips on this board. One is a DB and the other is a D. Is there any difference between the two? Also my distributor has original Sony chips for 17.98 and Hitachi's for 7.95. If I use Hitachi parts will I run into any problems? Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462002

The DB is just the newest version.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Mark, are'nt these chips made by Shindungen? Might be ok to use the cheaper one marketed by Hitachi.

However, I think i read somewhere that the newer one, "DB", was an improved design to address flaws in its former "D" version. Jango

Reply to
jango2

We've been getting them from Sony and just recently from B & D Enterprises in the States. B & D has them for about 8.99 if memory serves. Sony is 16.00 each for authorized servicers.

Yes, the DB version is improved - and the only one Sony ships anymore, and that is what they use in their own factory service.

There are a few things we actually get much cheaper from Sony. The TDA6108 CRT drive IC is only 5.00 from Sony - more than 3 times that from B & D.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias