can get

.

ss

se their

.

ll

nd

said, the

I didn't know DISH had an Internet option (Hughes, yes).

Reply to
keithw86

the

Direct TV does, or did. 'PC Direct'. Then there is 'WildBlue'. There is a used system for sale on Craigslist:

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

not

works

Look in to Magic Jack.

Reply to
JosephKK

Default baud rate on the computer's serial port? The modem, I think, autobauds and if the port config defaults to 38.4k or lower probably sets what speed it'll try to negotiate.

There's also the "smart mode/dumb mode" dip switch. (I bought mine for $1.50 and didn't get a manual). See the silk screen list on the bottom.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

line.

cell

Jim, could be.

Phil, it is a cheapie, made by Motorola for AT&T for pay as you go service.

Reply to
JosephKK

It seems that some calibration is needed here. The land area of the US is well over 9 million square kilometers, about 6.5% of all the land on the planet. The land area of Belgium is about 30,000 square kilometers, about 0.02% of the land on the planet. Belgium has a much more uniform population density as well. California and Texas have counties larger than Belgium with far smaller populations. To help make the point Belgium has over 10 million population (about

3% of the US 310 million) in 1/300th the area.

The infrastructure issue is just not all that comparable.

Data from wikipedia.

Reply to
JosephKK

the

Something a bit new, not being pushed - maybe they are offering it only if asked (or pressed?) and maybe it is a Hughes system that they then sell.

Reply to
Robert Baer

the

Is a complete, used Sat broadband package.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell