OT: Single family home zoning laws now abolished in California (2023 Update)

How would you like it if the house next door to you was demolished and a 4-plex was built in its place? Not very well, would be my guess. Well, that is the law in California beginning next year, signed by that brainless libtard Newsom.

Flyguy

The old joke that the quickest way to make a Massachusetts liberal an environmental activist is tell them they're going to build public housing in their neighborhood.

You can't do that, that is the only nesting habitat of the <looks on Wikipedia> the spotty snowy egret. You can't build any low income housing in my neighborhood, it's a critical watershed wildlife preserve.

"Some black people will probably be moving in too"

"SAVE THE WHALES! SAVE THE WHALES!"

Reply to
bitrex

I dunno, are they building housing for hot female 25 y/o blonde Scandinavian refugees and aspiring model/actresses? I mean it is California. And what red-blooded American conservative man here would not appreciate even 8 or 12-plex public housing for the pride of the Aryan race's breeding stock to be constructed next to him.

Yes they'll be living off your tax dollars also but you gotta do your part, y'know

Reply to
bitrex

Dumping used motor oil down the storm drain while hollering at you about the watershed

Reply to
bitrex

No, we build housing for hot young aspiring EEs. But some are brunettes.

Reply to
jlarkin

Well I suppose that's admirable in its way

Honestly though it's California and I expect most of the single-family zoning changes will have most effect in San Fran and LA perhaps, there's no big shortage of land elsewhere AFAIK. In SF if they build a 4-plex next to a home you've owned for 25 years at this point the probability is pretty good it will be rented to residents who have a higher net worth than you do.

Reply to
bitrex

The bill allows 2 2-plex on a lot. Hardly enough density for public housing.

Reply to
Ed Lee

On the topic of electronics I'm thinking about doing an isolated Cuk converter, never done that before, but I think it might be just right for a design I have in mind.

I want to integrate everything on one GreenPAK chip if I can, very inexpensive devices. And some come with on-board 2 amp PFETs, oddly no high-current N-fets. Not sure how great paralleling up open collector N-fet outputs would be for a switcher, but with the capacitive link in a Cuk looks to me like you can just flip the whole topology over and use a PFET instead for low powers

Reply to
bitrex

Right, more like "luxury" apartments/condominiums (cheap plywood crap)

Reply to
bitrex

And if the market should decide it can build some cheap plywood crap up your ass and sell it for a mint then what's the problem

Reply to
bitrex

It makes sense to build a 2 or 4-plex, instead of the hideous 4500 sq foot $5M beasts that are displacing old cottages.

Of course, the Board of Stupidvisors are anti-car, so there won't be enough parking.

Reply to
jlarkin

Maybe they enjoy driving? Who actually likes driving in a city

Reply to
bitrex

No, they have private parking spots at City Hall, or they let cops drive them around. Rules are for little people.

I kinda like driving around here, as long as I stay in the neighborhoods.

jlarkin

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:59:10 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <siibou$ifc$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

You riding my dick more? I know, you love this dick. Can't be helped I guess.

Reply to
bitrex

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Thu, 23 Sep 2021 17:05:45 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <siic58$ifc$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorectly formatted USENET posting on Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:59:10 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <siibou$ifc$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

If someone doesn't like it, they can move.

I like it that they potentially double the population in an area without of stitch of consideration to the excess burden on infrastructure, things like water, electricity and road capacity. Little things like that they can't even provide for what they have now.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Consider yourself lucky to have the property next to someone trying to do 2x2-plex. You can just sell and retire comfortable elsewhere.

Take San Francisco, for example: Water: no problem, plenty of them for residents, just can't sell the extra to raise money for other spendings. Electricity: small problem, they are increasing from 30c/kWhr (double state avg) to help pay for fire elsewhere. The city is considering taking over the grid. Why let PG&E gouge the people when the city can do just as well. Traffic: solvable problem, they are putting toll booths in financial district to tax drivers.

Reply to
Ed Lee

They're just asking for it. Why would anyone stay there, except the sentimentalists born there.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs