OT: Sch 40, Side-out Tee

Hi,

Well, none of the "plumbing" groups seems to be active so I'm trying here... (with little hope)

I'm trying to locate/buy a dozen or so 1" Sch 40 PVC Side-out Tee's, SxSxSxS that are NSF rated. Or, understand why such a beast is not (apparently) *made*! Perhaps some structural issue in fabrication??

Yeah, I suspect little demand for that configuration -- yet you can readily buy it in galvanized! :<

Reply to
Don Y

Is this what you are seeking...

...Jim Thompson

No, that's a cross. This is a galvanized side-out tee:

I have found them in "furniture grade" (WTF??) but those are not NSF rated (nor do they seem to be able to handle operation under pressure).

I found *one* vendor that sells larger size fittings (e.g., 1.5" and

2") that *may* be NSF rated. I will pursue that option next week and see if they can special order smaller dia units...
Reply to
Don Y

Some of those come under the headings of "furniture" PVC 4 ways outlet. Foe example, I am looking at one now at "pvcfittingsonline.com"

They want $1.46 for a 1" Way PVC furniture fitting side outlet tee.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Those are not NSF rated.

Reply to
Don Y

Are you needing pressure capability? ...Jim Thompson

Yes. At least 120psi -- prefer upwards of 150 to be safe. (I think sch 40 is good to ~250?)

Reply to
Don Y

You can't do that with 2 tee's? Is there some sort of space contraint you're working with ?

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Of course you can! As well as a side-out el and a tee...

Exactly! Replace existing galvanized with PVC (I suspect they don't sell these fittings in Cu, either! There, I would suspect fabrication to be a problem...)

Reply to
Don Y

IDK if you want this for gas or liquid, but use of PVC for gases is strictly verboten, because it sends sharp shrapnel shards flying if it fails.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Just because you want it NSF rated doesn't mean you intended to use it for liquids.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

The clue, here, is "NSF rated" :>

Reply to
Don Y

True -- but you didn't admonish me to use NMC on the off chance that I was looking to run cable through it! Or, PVC UVR in case I was thinking of using it outdoors... ;-)

Reply to
Don Y