Hi-side driver IR2127.Can be used as lo-side?

Hi to all I need to drive a low side MOSFET, sensing its current and eventually turning off its gate drive.

I found that i can have IR2127 at a price lower than IR2121 . Can i use it the IR217 as low side driver?

Thanks

--

virus.
blisca

Sure, but it's little more than a logic gate. What are you doing that needs such weak drive?

There are e.g. TC4427, etc. with real oomph out there. Or you can use a few cents of transistors for weak drive.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

I found that i can have IR2127 at a price lower than IR2121 . Can i use it the IR217 as low side driver?

Thanks

--- Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.

Tim Williams

"Tim Williams" ha scritto nel messaggio news:mngveg$h9c$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

Thanks for your interest in helping me.

I was just asked by a laboratory to build a circuit able to generate a wide 200KHz ringing on a kind of RF transforme r connetted by an IRF640 drain and VDD. The IRF640 was chosen just because i have a bunch of it handy. I have found that i have to drive the IRF640 pretty well if i wanto to measure some RMS watts on a loaded secondary (1 ohm power resistor closing

2 turns), Furthermore,there is a chance that the nucleus could be abruptly opened by

mishandling,with drop of inductance and rise of the MOSFET current. This is the reason why i was looking for a gate driver with currente sense.

Do you think that Io+ 200mA,and Io-400ma are a weak drive to a MOSFET of such capacity used in common source configuration? I guess that the driving times of the 2127,conceived for a common drain use(with no Miller effect) would be very different in my case..

Many thanks Diego

--

virus.
blisca