OT: Riddle for the genius minds here

Looks disgusting, but a $5 meatball sub is just the ticket for a hungry teenager. I think they eat their own weight every 48 hours.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

They generally use the cash register. To force them to do this, you can't hand them a bill for more than the purchase first and the change later- you have to count the change out first and then give them the bill. If that makes people behind you wait a few seconds, so be it, the cashier typically can ring it up earlier in the sale than they do.

The ones that try to do it in their heads often get it wrong- and I've gotten an extra $5 more than once. Of course I hand it back immediately..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Just about anywhere around here.

A lot of the clerks around here aren't teenagers, and can make change with no problems. :)

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

A lot of places charge rather more than $0.20 for extra slices of cheese!

The idea of tip jars at fast food restaurant counters strikes me as kinda non-sensical, but I chalk it up to the guy who put it out there not really thinking through exactly what a "tip" is anyway -- not that if you ask six people you won't get fewer than five different explanations anyway, of course -- but rather just figuring, "hey, here's something that might make a little more money and is completely voluntary... why not?"

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Judging by my trip to Palm Beach last month.. anyone under about 55 counts as a teenager.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I've never been to Imbalmed Beach. :)

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

[snip]

Michael, I didn't know you were already embalmed ;-) ...Jim Thompson

But he timed it to "perplex" them, not to help them, and enjoyed it. He talks about shooting people and beating up people and racing cars, but what he actually manages is stupid change tricks played on sales clerks. It proves that he's smarter than they are, that he went to MIT and they didn't. Sales clerks!

He enjoys tricking and insulting and hurting people, even down to 7-11 employees. He's said so.

Lots of places around here have tip jars. I just dropped a dollar into one where we had sandwiches. The chains, McDonalds and such, don't pay much and don't allow tipping.

You don't tip? Most clerk type people don't make much, and appreciate the extra.

John

Watch one down a gigantic breakfast burrito. A sight to behold.

John

Because the people who work there don't get that 20 cents. They don't set prices or policy.

John

At least, at the local grocery store, they're clever enough to weigh the rolls of coins.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

And he wears Fred Mertz pants. ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I tip fairly well in sit-down restaurants where there is actual wait-staff but refuse to tip for counter service. Not going to happen!

Reply to
krw

That's fair. They don't get tipped, either.

Reply to
krw

I might as well be, if I don't start getting more sleep. Idiot VA doctor refused to prescribe anything to help, claiming that I'd become addicted to it. The last time I took anything for sleep problems was over 10 years ago. :(

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I rarely ever go anywhere that expects a tip, and I live on less then most of them. How far would you get on $985 a month before you were completely broke and hungry? I cook my meals at home, other than the couple times a year when someone offers a meal at a restaurant.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There's a Marie Callender's a couple of blocks from here with a big pie display at the entrance, so customers can get a pie to go. Sometimes I go there and just get one slice of pie at the counter; I've found that slipping the waitress who cuts the slice a buck or two in advance results in a bigger slice of pie. ;-)

But there's no jar or anything; I hand it to the gal and say, "And try not to skimp on it. ;-)"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

much

f but

Awhile back, a lefty waitress called a radio talk show and announced she would refuse to wait on Rush Limbaugh's table if he ever walked in. The talk show host then explained that Rush Limbaugh usually leaves $5,000 tips, and she might want to reconsider.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

Bill Bowden disgraced "sci.electronics.design" on Fri, 29 Apr 2011

16:19:54 -0700 (PDT) by spewing:

That's only a 10% tip based on his whole meal.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I hope some day she has to show how honest she is with herself. ;-)

Reply to
krw