Saber/Synopsis

Does anyone use the Saber/Synopsis simulator anymore, or is it defunct? ...Jim Thompson

Does anyone use the Saber/Synopsis simulator anymore, or is it defunct? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I haven't heard of Saber being used recently. Synopsis now owns HSPICE, and it certainly is still extremely popular.

For simulating the I/O of silicon devices, there's a thing called IBIS. As of recently, the high-speed serdes suppliers have migrated away from using HSPICE for I/O simulation and are now using something called IBIS-AMI. It's much faster than HSPICE for this purpose.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

Thanks for the info, Bob!

(I know IBIS well, having, in the past year, written a number of such models for several optical devices with digital outputs :-) ...Jim Thompson