OT: <&quot;>Something stinks in America<&quot;>

I seem to have picked up this link earlier on today, about a chronic ago, but if it was amusing then, it's almost doubly amusing now. :-)[1]

But beyond the political humour, I wanted to comment that just today, I had a chat with the new welder guy, who hails from Westminster. Westminster, California, of course. ;-D (OK, don't blame my co- worker for my lame humour - that's just a coincidental sidelight to this, which I don't know if I should be amused, outraged, afraid, studious, concerned, joyful, dreary, dopey, droopy, sleazy, sneaky, sleepy, grumpy, bashful, grateful, and I can't believe I'm THIS F*****G STO***D after O*E H*T!!!!!!!!

But still, it's a worthwhile read, I'd say, whichever side you're on:

Cheers! Rich, throughly appreciating the Gifts of Mother Earth. :-)

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

wonder which side this dude is on?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Will Hutton has been my favourite journalist for at least twenty years.

I've recommended his "The World We're In" ISBN: 0316860816 from time to time. You can buy it via Amazon.com these days - Amazon.co.uk carries stocks in their own warehouses. It looks as if Amazon.com's anxieties about carrying a book that is less than fully pro-American have been overwhelmed by the desire to make some more money.

And for the record, Will Hutton has lots of nice things to say about the U.S. though he also mentions ways in which the country might be improved.

-------- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman