OT: politics

Bill Clinton had his faults, but was objectively a very smart man. He also had charisma, something Trump doesn't even know the meaning of.

This doesn't mean someone who's smart with charisma can get by with whatever they want, but being those two things in a position as complex as the presidency is obviously advantageous and arguably even required.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Doesn't seem to matter to certain highly-placed Democrats (Pelosi and Schumer), not that party affiliation will matter much longer:

(Notice this is no "Right Wing alt-news" source)

Certain persons on this group have often ridiculed America's restrictive two-party system (me among them) and it seems that it's crumbling as we watch.

About damned time.

Mark L. Fergersom

Reply to
alien8752

Multi-party systems have done such a great job in Europe.

Reply to
krw

What DACA mess, it's only 800,000 people. There are estimated 11 million illegals, not that's a mess, and putting a bunch of money into a wall isn't going to fix anything.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It's only 800,000 people, times five or fifty.

Reply to
krw

When I say Trump is a mental case, I'd say the same if he was my boss. It doesn't matter what political party he's from as he's crazy regardless. I never cared for him much when he was just a TV personality but he had less power and was easier to ignore.

I certainly won't lament at the dissolution of the traditional parties we have now. I wish there were no parties and each person would stand on their own, but I know that will never happen.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Krw gets something right for once.

He's one of the 99% of Americans that are being shat on by the wealthy 1%, but he's too dumb to notice. The UK, which is also stuck with a two party system, is almost as bad.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

He loves Hispanics who make delicious taco bowls. He also loves it when people do things like mow his lawn and prune his scrubs and build his buildings for free. The whole DACA thing would clear up in no time if them crazy Hispanics treated him like kings were treated in the old days when the people were for the king and not as defined in the US founding documents where the king is for the people and the government draws its powers through the consent of the governed.

And he needs to get a proper crown - a red baseball cap doesn't cut it. And Melania needs to stop squinting - queens don't squint.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to