My Acer laptop doesn't run after night

I have a little problem with my laptop. When I try to switch on it after any cool nihgt it runs on ~2 sec and automatically switchs off. What is the reson of that, and how to repair my laptop?

Thanks

Reply to
hokus

Troubleshoot the problem and replace the bad/temperature sensitive parts. A heat gun (hair dryer) and freeze mist will be very useful.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Too vague......

First test should be the battery. Second the hard drive. Both are likely to be far more temperature sensistive than any components on the main board.

Reply to
Just Another Theremin Fan

Um, condensation detector?

Will it run OK after it has warmed up (and perhaps dried out)?

Reply to
Mr. Land

Sure, when I warmed it up with hairdryer it works fine. What do you think? Can you help me please? This is very frustrating, you know.

Thanks

Reply to
hokus

The is no difference if I try to turn it on when the batterr is used or not (only AC). By the way, my laptop looks to work properly when I warmed it up, or most preciselly when I warmed the radiator on the processor. Can you help me please?

Thanks

Reply to
hokus

The only way I would know of to troubleshoot something like this would be to disassemble it and use a can of freeze spray along with a hairdryer (heat gun would be better) to try to localize where the problem might be. Not something I would suggest you undertake yourself. Sorry.

Reply to
Mr. Land

Look in the manual for the optimum functioning temp. range and run it at that.

A desktop machine I had, had a CPU cooling fan that didn't like the cold.

The machine would switch off because the cooling fan wasn't running.\\

If I warmed up the cooling fan, everything worked fine.

Reply to
phorbin