OT: Ontario Sympatico e-mail suffering D.O.S.?

A few weeks ago Sympatico e-mail was disabled for hours, possibly days, without acknowledgment by Bell. I suspect it was a denial of service attack. Now it seems to be happening again. Anybody here noticed anything?

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Who ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

At the time several weeks ago that I noticed an email glitch I contacted Bell service and was informed that the interruption was temporary and due to them moving groups of accounts in bulk to new servers. Mailbox limits were being upgraded, etc.

I happen to keep two sympatico email addresses, and only one was affected at a time, so I wasn't cut off.

I haven't noticed any recent interruptions, other than the occasional (and annoying) annoying dropping of the DSL carrier for a few seconds.

Reply to
Greg Neill

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

q.v.

Ontario has twice the population, 10 times the area and almost the same temperatures (measured in Kelvins).

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Only about 3X if you count only the land area.

Like Arizona, mostly uninhabitable ;-)

I'd rather die. I hate cold.

...Jim Thompson

It's working now. Maybe it's another kind of D.O.S. - the kind that originates from within Sympatico. After all, they're still Bell at heart.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris