Component distibutors - alternatives

We are seeing massive price increases, 50% to over 100%, across the board for components. This is partly due to exchange rate but it looks like our suppliers are taking the opportunity to improve margins.

I am looking for suggestions of independent distributors outside the UK to supply into the UK as alternatives to companies such as Anglia Components.

Anglia buy a lot in China and brand but maintain the QA. They supply most of our reels of resistors and capacitors as well as many other parts.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

What sorts of parts are you seeing the price increases on? Got any examples?

Is it legal for outside suppliers to ship parts into the UK? I recall a lot of "grey market" rules that ban unauthorized supply channels.

John

It's pretty well everything. 1% 0805 resistors, capacitors, semis, IC's, ferrite beads etc.

For example: Murata EMIFIL, DSS6NC52A102Q55B was £0.048 increased to £0.085. BC847B was £0.0045 increased to £0.00846.

10u/40V rad electrolytic was £0.0067 increased to £0.01042. Echelon 14230-450 was £6.58 increased to £10.61.

There's no problem from elsewhere in the EU. We have imported from the US before and have to pay duty on import. I know some manufacturers don't like it but that's their problem. Anyway mainline distributors ship direct from the US, Digikey for example.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

I have a suggestion if you want to mail me.

--

John Devereux
Reply to