OT: new theory, it's not 42 either

from

An Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything

figure 2 on page 18 is very pretty, didn't understand anything else and 42 does not appear in the doc :-(

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Yep. All of these so-called unified field theories are intuitively obvious to the casual observer.

They do not and cannot, however, explain why people listen to rap and hip-hop.

Bob

Reply to
BobW

I didn't understand it either, but I did recognise a couple of the names acknowledged - if it's for real I'll be disappointed. I'd been hoping for an even simpler theory of everything - something I'd have some hope of understanding.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

It's impressive to listen to people that are versed in this level of physics. It's like a foreign language. Even the math involved in the solutions for the Einstein field equations is unfathomable to people not familiar with tensor calculus or differential geometry (that would be me).

I hope, someday, to understand this stuff. However, even if I don't do it now, I can always wait for my next life cycle. :-|

Bob

Reply to
BobW

me).

Quantum mechanics and Hilbert spaces are enough of a stretch already! ;-)

I don't think my college even offers a course that covers all the bilious forms that cover general relativity and the unified theories.

Tim

Tim Williams

You just get to nibble on this stuff even in Graduate School.

Take a look at John Baez's site "This week's Finds in Mathematical Physics" (especially the Archives) for a lot of material that offers good places to jump off from.

The "This week's..." link is at the bottom.

Robert H.

Reply to
Robert

Great stuff on Baez' site. He seems like an interesting character.

The video that shows how to turn a sphere outside-in was very cool, but it has overflowed my brain and now I can't remember what I'm supposed to do tomorrow.

Bob

Reply to
BobW

Oh, wow. The universe is made out of snowflakes. Cool.

Tensor math... ah... I try to repress those memories. My fluid mechanics professor tried to make us prove that the Stress Tensor is symmetric... vague memories of the loss of energy due to viscous dissipation in a fluid being a (volume?) integral over the gradient of the fluid velocity vector double-dotted with the stress tensor...

Psychiatric ward, here I come...

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Slashdot comes to the rescue

But E8 cannot explain this

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

I'm not sure if you recognize that kid in the red pants, but it's Jeffrey Dahmer. Having been forced to wear clothes like that, it's no wonder he grew up liking the taste of human flesh.

Bob

Reply to
BobW

more here

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

BobW nimby snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Try examining the lyrics a bit and comparing that to what is successful in the slums.

Reply to
JosephKK

Martin Griffith mart_in_medina@ya___.es posted to sci.electronics.design:

What theory? What documents? What pages? That is not even an abstract.

Reply to
JosephKK

BobW nimby snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Now that is just tacky.

Reply to
JosephKK

Sorry, only had one sock on, when I posted that message

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Here ya go!

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

Yeah, but it's funny! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

These "theories" all claim to be "simple". Feh. They're all full of words and fury and signify nothing.

If you want simple, go all the way back to Yin and Yang. The Yin is the Universal Cosmic Magnetic Field, and the Yang is the Universal Cosmic Electric Current that was induced by the movement of the Yin.

The Yang is Consciousness, and the Yin is Sentience.

All of the interesting stuff happens at the interface. Everything there is is composed, at one level or another, of electromagnetic energy (or matter, since they're interchangeable).

Once you understand the fractal nature of dimensionality, it all falls into place and everything becomes as obvious as that pimple on your ass. ;-)

Hope This Helps! Rich

For more information, please feel free to visit:

Rich the Philosophizer

Oh Noes, go here

martin

What I do to electronics is what Chuck Norris does to acting

Reply to
Martin Griffith