Amazing electronics: The Auto Tuning Guitar!

Amazing electronics:auto tuning guitar!

man that really simplifies things :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje"

** FUCK OFF you

WOG TROLL !!!

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:54:33 +1100) it happened "Phil Allison" wrote in :

Seek help, in Sydney the next shrink cannot be much further away from your door then your transistor shop. Dunno if they take hopeless cases though, but not to worry...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Well, I guess this was bound to have been invented sooner or later. I predict that next model will do the bridge adjustment automatically, too, and maybe an auto truss rod tweak.

I'm not sure whether I love or hate it, but it's very interesting

Thanks.

Bob

Reply to
BobW

"Jan Panteltje" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:fhheko$soo$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Its not that new. This is a link to the original inventors of this system.:

am affraid to say its a German company.In this video the technical solution is explained in detail.

Reply to
Marcel Baum

"Marcel Baum" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:473cbbe5$0$2244$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at...

correct link

Marcel Baum

Most of us just use our "Phil"ter. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yeah, I had that idea a few years ago too. Mine was a little different than the gybson model(the motors would be inside the body of the guitar so the head stock wouldn't be to heavy) and it would have some other things that the gybson doesn't. I was worried about size and accuracy and never got around to it. Oh well..

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

"Jon Slaughter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:VkG%i.21198$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...

Moving the motors to the guitarbody would allow to run the system with a single controller and eliminate the serial communication line between body and headstock. I wonder if this gibson has got a separate channel for it , or if the find a lumen inside the trussrod for a thin cable. Have you ever tried to use a floyd rose mechanics and to motorize its intonation screws?

Reply to
Marcel Baum

All this was just ideas. I haven't done any real work on it or even any thorough analysis. I have other ideas for improving a guitar too and one day I'm hoping to build a prototype that incorporates all them but until then...

About the Robot Guitar itself, it seems like it might be pretty good. It has an accuracy of 0.1 cent supposedly which is pretty ridiculuous considering you have to do very little work to get that. (not sure what they are charing for it though)

About automatiting the intonation, you could do it pretty easily assuming you had motor with enough torque.

I think the problem with all that is mainly miniturization. You gotta fit it in the guitar and it can't be intrusive. A lot of guitarists are pretty anal about "vintage".

Reply to
Jon Slaughter