post or request any electronic or microcontroller book

you can request from me for any book you want but about electronics and microcontroller and you will found it at my site . the strange that i found every monday its make one of its checkout book afree book for monday only then make it checkout books so i hope and advice all microcontroller programmer to get the weekly free book or prize thanks to all group engineers

ourmicro.com

its very well , thank you sir America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Reply to
ourmicro.com

Your site should stand on its own without gimmicks.

It won't do that until you make it A LOT LESS CRAPPY.

1) Stop using Microsoft Word to write HTML pages
and get yourself a REAL HTML Editor http://216.239.63.104/search?q=cache:PZkiYM3UD5sJ:
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-Mozilla+available-for-Linux.Windows.Mac-OS-X.*.FreeBSD+standards.conformant+zz+zz+qq+best-authoring-platform http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:yiSTlrLPSmoJ:forum.nvudev.org/viewtopic.php?t=5492+already.integrated+all.Nvu.extensions+Kazcades+except+incompatible+Nvu.langpacks+urlCleaner+unofficial-bug-fix-release-*-*+will.*.reformat.your.code 2) Use *Validation Tools* to clean up the code you generate

--ESPECIALLY the pseudo-HTML you have done with M$ Word.

*-*-*-*-*-Word'97-*-*-*+free+*-*-*-*-fix-*-mistakes-automatically+bulks.out.HTML.*+*-hard-to-read-*+fix-*-*-*-*-*-problems+*.*.sloppy.editing+things-*-you-need-to-work-on+can-*-perform-wonders+HTML-*-from-Microsoft-Word-*&strip=1

3) Spend some time here
and learn how NOT to make a Web page.

Start by getting rid of the ANNOYING flashy crap.

Reply to
JeffM

JeffM wrote some unnecessarily mean stuff:

I don't see anything blinking, so I guess it looks like he got rid of "the annoying flashy crap" as you so tactfully put it. Though it could still use some layout work, I think the site is decent enough, it's certainly better than allot of them out there. Don't you think that you could at least give the guy a break since he's trying to give back to the world? Constructive criticism is one thing, but man you treated him like some nigerian spammer. Where is the spam?....some Google ads?...a few books for what looks like very low prices?.....

Anthony Fremont

It's not my site.

I don't see anything blinking. :-?

What is blinking?

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Most headers: Books Projects Datasheets Compilers Softwares Learn

The whole left margin text

Most anything in blue font is flashing (except the ad text). Still.

Reply to
Esther & Fester Bestertester

I just tried your site.

Please stop the blinky stuff.

You have proven that you can do it, now stop.

donald

Reply to
Donald

OK, I installed FireFox and I now see it, that does suck. I looked at the page source and I don't see any reason for it to blink like that though, but I'm certainly no HTML expert. The OP seems to have used FrontPage (not Word) to create it. It's not like it's personally his fault that M$ can't generate proper HTML.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Sorry Anthony

donald

Reply to
Donald

Don't overlook the possibility (however remote it might seem) that it might be an intentional thing on the part of M$

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

No matter where it comes from, the page sucks.

The OP asked for feedback, and it sucks.

A few flashy things are OK, to bring attention to something important, but the _whole_page_ !!

So the OP should fix it, or leave it and I for one will not return.

donald

Reply to
Donald

I guess I'm pretty cynical, but that was the first thing that crossed my mind. What a coincidence, it just happens to flash annoyingly in Mozilla.....hmph

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

You are missing the point. The page author didn't intend it to flash like that. It doesn't flash in IE. Since the author used FrontPage to create the page, it stands to reason that he tested it with IE and didn't see any flashing. Did you look at the projects? It's pretty decent work, I'm sure he'll fix the blinking when he figures out how. ;-) It appears to be a sick joke by M$.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Anth>I installed FireFox and I now see it, that does suck.

Like a 9 year old produced it. . . JeffM wrote:

*BY* M$ Word or *FOR* M$ Word--it's all the same: Bloated, non-compliant code. BEFORE putting up a page on the Web, make the effort to assure that it is standards-compliant:
. .

Spehro Pefhany wrote: :Don't overlook the possibility (however remote it might seem) :that it might be an intentional thing on the part of M$

Yup. KNOW YOUR VENDOR:

*-*+Microsoft.strategy+qq+codes.of.conduct+to.disadvantage.its.competitors+embrace.extend.and.extinguish&strip=1 One assumes that the OP wasn't forced at gunpoint to use those tools. Better tools are READILY available for FREE.

If YOU use NON-standards-compliant tools, it is YOUR responsibility to convert the crap it produces into compliant code. Don't waste MY bandwidth downloading unnecessary junk that M$ embeddeds (read: ADDS) to make their pseudo-HTML **M$ Word-compatible**. STRIP IT OUT **BEFORE** UPLOADING IT . (Another link from my 1st post.):

*-*-*-*-*-Word'97-*-*-*+free+*-*-*-*-fix-*-mistakes-automatically+bulks.out.HTML.*+*-hard-to-read-*+fix-*-*-*-*-*-problems+*.*.sloppy.editing+things-*-you-need-to-work-on+can-*-perform-wonders+HTML-*-from-Microsoft-Word-*&strip=1

Reply to
JeffM

If not confined by "free", what HTML editor is "best"?

...Jim Thompson

Yes it looks bad with the blinky text, but in all fairness, the author didn't make it look that way on purpose. Once you get past that, the content is good. In fact, it is very good. I'd hate to see it disappear because I like his collection of circuitry. I intend to pilfer from it. ;-)

Translation: Here is some freely available software that might assist you in improving your site's compliance.

*-*+Microsoft.strategy+qq+codes.of.conduct+to.disadvantage.its.competitors+embrace.extend.and.extinguish&strip=1

*-*-*-*-*-Word'97-*-*-*+free+*-*-*-*-fix-*-mistakes-automatically+bulks.out.HTML.*+*-hard-to-read-*+fix-*-*-*-*-*-problems+*.*.sloppy.editing+things-*-you-need-to-work-on+can-*-perform-wonders+HTML-*-from-Microsoft-Word-*&strip=1

Translation: Please try to use standards compliant software because some companys attempt to redefine standards which results in pages that some browsers have trouble viewing.

My personal comentary: Blah blah blah, do you have a site helping newbies out with electronics, or maybe HTML? If you made half the effort to explain this in a non-combative way to the author as you did you humiliate him, we all might feel better about it. I hope you don't spend allot of time writing diatribes to every site that crams a bunch of unnecessary junk in the HTML they send you, or you'll be a very busy individual. ;-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

This is Usenet. Get used to it. I still say everything was accurate and warranted. . .

The issues are:

1) The irritating flashy crap. 2) Bloated code. . .
1) First post to the thread is an advertisement. Exacerbated by the fact that it was HIS first post to the group. (Not *necessarily* spam--if it's all FREE.) 2) (First link in my post):

Multi-posted == Spew == SPAM

The OP needs to figure out that THIS ISN'T GOOGLE GROUPS and learn how to post to Usenet properly:

*-*-*+what.the.group.regards.as.acceptable+lurk.for.a.while+exchange.ideas+Have.fun+zzz+get.a.feel.for.the.culture+Abuse+Read.the.FAQs

JeffM

Just what is the proper way to post to usenet? You're a noob aint ya?

Usenet lits score: GIT-R-DONE! #20 Usenet asshole #6 Lits Slut #11 Most posting trolls/hunters/flonkers 2007

Reply to
Neimadre

Jim Thomps>If not confined by "free", what HTML editor is "best"?

"Best" is always subjective.

Many pros (who are willing to dedicate the bucks to this app) use Dreamweaver.

Many folks (some of whom CAN easily afford Dreamweaver) choose Mozilla Composer / Nvu / KompoZer

--whether it's to support Open Source or simply because they prefer the feel.

There are also folks who prefer HTML-Kit because of the way it works with HTML Tidy.

Pick your poison:

*-*-not-*-*-*-FrontPage-specific-extensions+compliance+DreamWeaver+*-*-Microsoft-Word-*-invalid-HTML+require.extra.debugging+GoLive+NVu+Frontpage+HTML-*-Kit+HTML.Tidy+Standards-Compliant-Authoring-Tools

Reply to
JeffM

It's not about microcontrollers, it's just about PIC's and they are horse shit.

--
John B
Reply to