OT: "medical device" tax on clothing, etc

See:

**WARNING** Do _NOT_ click on that "tip" on the top; it is a VERY nasty malware.
Reply to
Robert Baer

It says you raised a false alarm. There's no medical device tax on clothing, or anything else you would buy. The Facebook example turns out to be a mistake that Cabela's made.

"A companywide glitch in Cabela's cash register system that added a 2.3 percent ?Medical Excise Tax? to customers' purchases ? everything from boots to bullets ? was an error and will be refunded, a company spokesman said."

Oh man, even when you check Snopes to verify your facts, you blow it.

Reply to
Beeper

Hey, at least he checked! That's more progress in one week than in the past 10 years! :)

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Well, bullets can be used to remove defective genes from the global pool. ;-)

Go away or I will replace you with a very small shell script.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.
[snip]

Now we use hand written analysis of circuits >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Doesn't work. They just get moved into management. Responsible for 787 battery systems.

Applying information technology is simply finding the right wrench
to pound in the correct screw.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Gawd! You mean flipper is a manager ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

'The Dilbert principle refers to a 1990s satirical observation by Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams stating that companies tend to systematically promote their least-competent employees to management (generally middle management), in order to limit the amount of damage they are capable of doing. In the Dilbert strip of February 5, 1995, Dogbert says that "leadership is nature's way of removing morons from the productive flow". Adams himself explained'

Deja Moo: The distinct feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.