SF story of unusual electronic device (medical)

Many of my stories offend some group or other while appeasing or pleasing another group opposing the ideals of the first-mentioned group.

I have managed to construct a story that has the potential of offending two opposing groups. I could not be happier!

The April, 2016 Issue of Aphelion Webzine, in their Short Story Department, has published my story "Switcheroo" by C.E. Gee.

Be forewarned! Many of you will be offended. Others of you will be entertained. For "Switcheroo" goes -- forgive me my conceit in paraphrasing this line, -- "Switcheroo goes where no one has gone before." (The story is Science Fiction).

Perhaps, just perhaps, there is someone who will read the story and thus have their attitude concerning the subject matter of "Switcheroo" modified in some way. Again, I could not be happier.

Given recent court cases, news articles, etc., "Switcheroo" is highly topical. Seems there's something on the protagonist's leanings broadcast every day.

ENJOY!

GOTO

C. E. Gee

FORGOT TO MENTION at the core of this story is a most unusual electronic device yet to be invented.

Reply to
C. E. Gee

It's not an electronic device, but a plot mechanism, and other authors have used the same idea. Frederik Pohl's 1965 novel

is rather more negative about it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Try rec.arts.sf.written. They will give you very pointed reviews.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gill

I tried to read it and couldn't.

lunatic fringe electronics

A bunch of idiotic garbage!

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I read it, and must have missed a LOT. The "best" i could get is their POV may have switched. Mixing "religion" into the story is almost pointless.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Yes, it _does_ need re-writing, which might make it readable (and different, or "switched").

Reply to
Robert Baer