OT: Living in AZ

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 06:41:49 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote: [snip]

Yep. I've said before if you can't live here with evaporative cooling in your house and a car without A/C then you don't belong here. :-)

Reply to
Wes Stewart

When I moved here I didn't have A/C in the car. Didn't buy a car equipped with A/C until two years later. Rented a house with A/C though.

From the late '70's thru the late '90's I had a hybrid house, both A/C and swamp cooler. Used the swamp cooler from May thru mid-July, A/C from mid-July thru mid-September, swamp cooler mid-September to late October when cooling wasn't needed anymore.

The wife didn't like it though. So we're 100% A/C now.

...Jim Thompson

Oh, hell no. I'll drive a big honkin' SUV, or three!

--
  Keith
Reply to

My uncle lived in Casa Grande and only had a swamp cooler in his house, though he didn't live there much of the summer. He was a school teacher and rarely spent more than a few summer weeks in his house. The White Mountains were nice. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Wimp. I lived in Florida's heat and high humidity from 1987 10 2000 without air conditioning. I still don't have A/C in my truck.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I lived in the desert for just over two years with my 64 Mustang with no air, before I upgraded. In the summer, traveling through the low desert, its really cooler to partially wind up the windows, instead of getting blasted with all that hot air. The Ca Mohave high deserts, a bit cooler, but still hot in summer. It just was really that much more unbearable, with the low desert

4-5 degrees warmer. I remember seeing a model swamp cooler for the vehicle, but never had one.

greg

Reply to
GregS

low desert

I doubt that type of cooler would be of much use with the humidity here. Even worse, the truck was built with A/C so it doesn't have the normal vents or wing windows do deflect air into the cab. One of these days I guess I'll have to replace the missing parts, or find another truck.