OT: Living in AZ

Folks if you don't already live in AZ please stay where you are. If you do live here and came here in the last 20 years please consider going back to where you came from. We don't need newcomers here.

If you insist on coming, please bring your own water. This is a desert climate. You can't have a lawn like "back home." Stop moving here to get away from whatever ails your current home only to try and make AZ just like where you came from.

Traffic is awful; you will just make it worse, especially when you move out to the suburbs and then expect folks in older, established neighborhoods to allow their lives to be disrupted by your desire to get to where you're going in a hurry. If you demand freeways and insist in moving to AZ, please go to Phoenix, where they have some. Phoenix is in the middle of the state and is the capital, but it's not really a part of AZ.

Our politics run to the conservative side with a few lunatic exceptions. (There are plenty of right-wing lunatics too, but most of them live in Mesa, a suburb of Phoenix) Don't be like the lady who moved here recently from Boston and now bemoans the fact that our U.S. Senators are McCain and Kyl and her Congressman is Kolbe; "Terrible choices" she was quoted as saying. She apparently overlooked the fact that these gentlemen were already in office when she moved here. I don't know why she didn't like Kolbe; he is gay after all. If you want Ted Kennedy as your senator, please stay in Boston.

Many of us carry guns; openly and otherwise. If you don't like guns stay in NYC, Chicago or D.C. where there aren't any.

There are many hazards here. We have scorpions, rattlesnakes, Gila monsters, killer bees, Hanta virus and despite having only occasional rain, mosquitoes that carry West Nile virus. Thanks to the influx of illegal aliens, Hepatitis and TB are making a comeback.

If you have school-aged children they will need proof of vaccinations against these diseases. The children of illegal aliens don't need this proof. Your kids get to mingle with them in bi-lingual education class.

Two of our three Interstate highways are now primarily used by drug and alien smugglers. Be prepared to blunder into the not uncommon running gun battle between competing smugglers or to avoid the frequent vehicles fleeing the police.

Don't even think of moving within 50 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border. U.S. Army Intelligence is headquartered at Ft. Huachuca, AZ. The grounds of Ft. Huachuca are a drug and alien smuggling route. If the U.S. Army can't keep them out of its yard, how do you think you will fair? And if you do try, the government will take your property away and give it to the Mexicans.

It gets hot here. Real hot. And it's dry. Your skin will shrivel up like a prune. And speaking of skin, AZ is the skin cancer capital of the northern hemisphere. And there's no shade. Our desert trees would be called bushes where you come from. If you want green, stay home. The desert is occasionally green but for the most part, it's really gray. It's not for nothing that most desert animals are gray.

No, if I were you, I'd definitely not move to AZ.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

OK, you've convinced me.

John

[snip]

So why are YOU here ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Good! It's working ;-)

...Jim Thompson

But you need to be licensed. I can "carry" as long as it's visible, no paperwork or big-brother-isms whatsoever.

...Jim Thompson

Hey, that was tongue-in-cheek.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

You're here so I figured anything goes.

Besides there are other threads comparing living in other states to living in AZ. I prefaced with "OT" and I didn't top post.

And another hazard I failed to mention. You can drown out here in the desert. Yesterday our normally dry Santa Cruz River was running 12' deep at 17,000 cubic feet a second.

Ole Man River he just keep rollin'....

Reply to
Wes Stewart

I know :-)

Reply to
Wes Stewart

She should like McCain.

Leahy, Jeffords, and Sanders were in office before I moved here, but that doesn't change the fact that they're idiots.

Please!

Here too. ...without license, even.

Really? I'll bet there are more there than in AZ. They sure have the body count to demonstrate at least a "few" guns. ;-)

Kidz grown and gone; no problem.

You get to practice then? Cool!

You make it sound so nice. When's the next plane? ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Dream on.

The fundamental five "R"'s of Arizonal politics are rightwing, racial, reactionary, religious, and redneck.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics   3860 West First Street  Box 809  Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: don@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Hi Don,

That's because you live in Mormon country.

But I have a sixth "R" opposed to your five; "R"aul Grijalva, my congressman, who couldn't get elected dogcatcher except that the courts decided that there needed to be a "safe" "minority majority" district that was designed to not dilute the voting strength of minorities.

They forgot that -I'm- the minority and my voting strength was sure as hell diluted.

So I got gerrymandered out of the gay guy's district into the champion of the illegal's district. Whoops, come to think of it, the gay guy wants a "ya'll come on over" guest worker plan too so I'm screwed either way. :-(

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Don is just another ignorant Democrat. Thank God they're mostly ensconced in south-east Arizona.

...Jim Thompson

VT beats AZ. No permits. Concealed or open, your choice. To be fair, AK beats us all.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Sounds like a great place to live. Sign me up!

--
  Keith
Reply to

Why are you posting this in this newsgroup? Most of the readers are not from "around there" and don't care.

In article , n7ws_@*yahoo.com opined thusly:

Reply to
dave

All of the numbers on a major highway were recently changed because they sounded too biblical.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics   3860 West First Street  Box 809  Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: don@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster
[snip]

Hey, I still call it 666. What a neat drive. In my Camaro anyway, my RV... that's another story. I got 5 mpg in my PU/camper going up once. Coming back another time my daughter threw up all of the way from Alpine to Clifton. Of course it also might have had something to do with the stalls the guy in the sailplane did when I bought her a ride in Durango, CO earlier in the day.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Hey now, many of us in NYC have guns too...legally too! :-)

John Muchow

-- remove SPAMMENOT for e-mail responses --

Reply to
John Muchow

Well, if ya wanna' get into how difficult it is to have a gun in NYC, AZ will win every time. I just wanted to point out that some of us here in NYC like the darn things and think its worth the trouble. :-)

John Muchow

-- remove SPAMMENOT for e-mail responses --

Reply to
John Muchow

My response was also meant to be (note smiley). :-)