OT: Liberal Hypocrisy

(Not California this time- instead, another Sanctuary City, Seattle.)

America's version of Liberals are adamantly against securing the country' s borders. It's allegedly insensitive at the least, at worst racist, to pre vent people from going where they please, when they please.

Meanwhile, the City of Seattle has decided it has a "homeless problem".

Their solution includes building ten-foot-tall spiked fences to keep home less people from camping under bridges etc. One reason put forth is to prev ent fires which damage such structures. On the other hand, one City Council member observed that the $100,000 to fence a stretch of the Ballard Bridge "could have housed those five households in apartments for a year."

I suppose it's insensitive to wonder how many of those homeless are citiz ens- statistically they can't help but be inconveniencing some who aren't.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

plonk

Reply to
johnnygonzo

Unplonk

Reply to
John S

In the Northeast at least the majority of the homeless/panhandlers I see are either black people or white people, very rarely Hispanic, YMMV

There's a "homeless problem" primarily because America as a whole has an addiction problem. And statistically non-native born Hispanics have lower rates of drug/alcohol addiction than native-born Hispanics, and among native-born Hispanics over the age of 35 it's lower than either native born blacks or whites.

As I get older I find that I don't fret as much about being "of two minds" about things. It's an impossible task to try to make sure that every thought you have about every political/societal issue is logically consistent with every other one. Am I a "bleeding heart"? Sure. Are there days when I feel imposing the death penalty for narcotics trafficking wouldn't at all be a bad idea? Sure.

Reply to
bitrex

y's borders. It's allegedly insensitive at the least, at worst racist, to p revent people from going where they please, when they please.

meless people from camping under bridges etc. One reason put forth is to pr event fires which damage such structures. On the other hand, one City Counc il member observed that the $100,000 to fence a stretch of the Ballard Brid ge "could have housed those five households in apartments for a year."

izens- statistically they can't help but be inconveniencing some who aren't .

Illegals didn't come here to become homeless, they make out somehow. The ma jority of homeless are either lunatics or hopeless substance abusers of one stripe or another.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Oh, and sanctuary cities, there has been talk of witholddding funding ? Don 't do that, just send all the illegals there and let them deal with it. No stopping funding, but no extra funding for the new "citizens". If they don' t want to help enforce the immigration laws, so be it. But let them deal wi th the consequences.

I heard Seattle is a nice place. Well that will change if they just let any Juan, Achmed or Kunta in. Wait until they get White flight and their tax b ase is destroyed. Let them figure out how to deal with it. You love these p eople, here they are. Take them in by the busloads.

Reply to
jurb6006

Oh, my. A Plonk?! We're all petrified!

Reply to
krw

+10

YOU should work for INS.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

I'm... not surprised.

Some people don't like hearing about things that conflict with their religi^H^H worldview.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752