OT: Leslie Nielsen

I just heard the tragic news.

Anybody remember "Forbidden Planet?" I haven't seen The Poopsidedown Adventure, except some snippets, like where that fat broad tries to swim underwater; but who could forget "Police Squad" or "Airplane?"

I'm having a moment of silence, and reminisce about his artificial fart box on that talk show that time.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I, for one, will miss Leslie Nielsen's comedy and acting.

Reply to
PeterD

And to think that he died before fulfilling his dream: to get people to stop calling him Shirley.

Reply to
Jim MacArthur

Surely we should have a moment of silence.

Pete

-- Pete Snell Department of Physics Royal Military College Kingston, Ontario, Canada

----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets, then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again."

-TV listing for "The Wizard of Oz" in the Marin Independent Journal

Reply to
Pete Snell

I worked at the Las Vegas Hilton parking cars for six years. During that time, he was a regular with us. He had class, and always took time to crack wise. I don't go "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" when I hear of one of the Hollywood elite passing, but his really saddened me. He was a classy guy who took the time to talk to people. What you saw was what you got.

RIP

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

His obit in the paper this morning cited a Q&A, where he was asked if he was miscast as a comedian. His answer was that he had felt more miscast as a leading man, and that getting to do comedy meant he could finally come into his own.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

The movie 'Naked Gun 33&1/3, The Final Insult' was coming on TV last night just as the radio announced his death. What timing. :(

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

PeterD wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

ditto!

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I know-sad. I have Forbidden Planet and the Airplane! movies on tape. JR Dweller in the cellar

Rich Grise wrote:

--

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

Julie Newmar is 5' 11'. So if by 'huge', this is what you mean, then yes.

She's also pretty big in other areas as well. ;-)

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

Remember it, I have it on the wall... Great movie. Back when a movie actually had ACTORS...

--
Steve W.
(\___/)

Yes, a classic!

"Relatively simple alcohol molecules with traces of fusil oil."

Reply to
Mensanator

By the case... in bottles with distillery labeling.

I'd rather have the rubies.

Or ONE of the reactors. I'd power the world.

Must have been a few traces of other things in there too then, since he delivered it in bottles.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Ha Ha, I remember reading Poopsidedown in MAD magazine when I was a kid.

brent

It ain't over 'til it's over:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to