5 Pin DIN Color Code

I have a B&O turntable with its audio output cable missing the 5 pin

180 degree DIN plug. Conductor colours are: red, blue, yellow and brown, plus the copper shield. Can anyone please tell me which wires go to which pins of the plug?

Colin Hirsch

Reply to
Colin Hirsch

What does this have to do with 'Design'? That is a 'Repair' problem.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

Measured mine:

Facing the male pins on the turntable 5 pin connector: O O-----stereo 1 O O-------stereo 2 O-----------combined ground of 1 and 2

Confirmed by checking my adapter cable(female 5p--> 2 tulips) Stereo 1 is red tulip. stereo 2 is black tulip. and the tulip grounds to the middle pin. My B&O turntable is in indefinite storage, replaced by a Dual CS 505-4. The only thing wrong with the B&O was dried out lubrication. I bought it at around 1969.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Don't worry. It's OK that you don't know.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Hirsch

I wouldn't have to ask someone else if I needed to make that repair. That's what a meter and a mind is for.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Did you forget to take your Metamucil today?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I've never needed Metamucil.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Female socket of a 5pin DIN for audio recording and playback of line level signals.

Outside view.

outer shield----------- U

white-O O-----red yellow---O O-------black O-----------ground

Normal phono headshell colour coding: red = right sig green = right rtn white = left sig blue = left rtn

If the B%O connections are to a phono cartridge or tone arm, you can match pairs by checking their continuity/resistance.

RL

Reply to
legg